Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

hooting). He made two big plays out of the pick-and-roll whe

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met...
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
blueberryjerry

BerichtGeplaatst: 07-12-2016 03:37:45    Onderwerp: hooting). He made two big plays out of the pick-and-roll whe Reageren met citaat

MONTREAL — Not many get a second chance at a job theyve turned down once before, but Hockey Canada officials felt Benoit Groulx earned it. Preston Smith Jersey .And theyve put the 46-year-old into the most pressure-packed job in all of junior hockey — head coach of Canadas team at a world junior championship to be played on home ice in Montreal and Toronto.Groulx, the dome-topped coach of the Gatineau Olympiques of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, was named as national junior coach in 2009 only to walk away when an offer came to guide the Florida Panthers farm team, the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League.It wasnt a missed opportunity, it was just the wrong timing, Groulx said this week. I was (coaching) in juniors for seven or eight years and I had this chance from (Panthers ex-general manager) Jacques Martin in Florida and for me, it was just natural to move up the ladder and try that.Now I feel Im privileged to be coach of this team because you dont get that second chance often in your career. When I came back from Rochester, I thought Id like to have a shot at this team again. But I know there are phenomenal coaches in junior hockey, and thats why I feel privileged to have a second chance.His return began a year ago when he was named as an assistant to head coach Brent Sutter for the world junior championship in Malmo, Sweden, where Canadas second-youngest team ever finished out of the medals in fourth place.This years squad has seven returning players, including the gifted 17-year-old Connor McDavid, and captain Curtis Lazar, who was playing in the NHL until last week when he was loaned for the tournament by the Ottawa Senators.It is an older team with more skill up front than a year ago. Going without a medal, as Canada has done the last two years, is out of the question. For fans and hockey officials, the real task is to end a five-year gold medal drought.Groulx understands the pressure, but his message has been to embrace it and thrive off it.We want to play a fast game. Fast on the forecheck, fast with the puck, fast at getting the puck back, he said. Were working on it.You can tell that its not a habit yet on our team, but were showing video to our guys, were talking to them on the ice. Were trying to have it in our drills so our guys can integrate that into their style and have more cohesion on the ice.Groulx is said to be a tough, no-nonsense coach, but also one who excels at making in-game decisions from the bench.Hes been very direct with us, said goalie Zach Fucale. Very honest every time. Hell always tell us the truth, if its at a practice or a game. He really wants us to be at our best.Aside from endorsing Canadian-style, forechecking hockey, Groulx has international experience to enhance his qualifications for the job.As a player, he was a scoring centre for the defunct Granby Bisons of the QMJHL and then learned much about the European game playing 11 years of pro hockey in France.He returned in 2000 and spent a year as assistant coach of the Shawinigan Cataractes before landing the head coaching job with the Hull (now Gatineau) Olympiques. His teams won championships in 2003, 2004 and 2008. He was the QMJHL coach of the year in 2004.He also served as assistant to Dave Cameron on a world champion Canadian under-18 squad in 2004, and was an assistant to Sutter for Canadas 7-0-1 dominance of Russia in the 2007 junior Super Series.Groulx was a natural for the head coach position for the 2009 world juniors in Ottawa, but the chance to get on the ladder toward an NHL coaching job proved more attractive.His two years in Rochester were quiet. He missed the playoffs the first year and made them the second. Then Ted Nolan was named vice-president of hockey operations. The two didnt see eye-to-eye and Groulx opted to leave with a year left on his contract and return to Gatineau, his hometown.I learned that when youre going to pro hockey, youre hired by a group of people, and when that group is not there anymore, philosophies change and either youre part of it or you dont fit in, he said. I just thought it was not a good fit and I decided to go back to junior hockey.Also, I had a young kid at home (son Benoit-Olivier, now a promising bantam player) and it was difficult for me to be away from him. The best thing was to go back to junior. If it would have been somewhere (other than Gatineau), I probably would have stayed one more year in Rochester, but having the chance to come back home made the decision easy.It took a few years to get back in the world junior picture, but Hockey Canadas management team decided he deserved another look.When he turned it down, at the time it was disappointing, said Scott Salmond, Hockey Canadas vice-president for national teams. But at the end of the day, hes a good coach.Hes been back in the league and proved himself again, so we welcomed him back last year and this year hes the head coach.Theres still a good chance that Groulx will end up as an NHL coach, but he doesnt want to talk about that with the world juniors about to begin on Boxing Day.Right now my focus is not there at all, he said. Im enjoying this tournament.My goal was to come here, put the best team together, work at it every day and enjoy the process. After this, Im going back to Gatineau and were going to have to get our team better and try to have a long run in the playoffs. I dont look further than that. Perry Riley Jersey .J. - Trying to learn and absorb the new West Coast offence being installed by new offensive co-ordinator Ben McAdoo, the New York Giants wrapped their final organized team activity Thursday before a three-day mini-camp next week. Duke Ihenacho Redskins Jersey . The right-hander pitched into the seventh inning and boosted Cincinnatis struggling offence by hitting a double and scoring as the Reds ended a seven-game losing streak by beating the Atlanta Braves 1-0 Saturday night. http://www.authenticredskinsfanatic.com/c-31-redskins-derek-carrier-jersey.aspx . -- The Chicago Bears have agreed to terms with safety Brock Vereen and QB David Fales on four-year contracts. CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Charlotte Bobcats are getting used to big nights from Al Jefferson and Kemba Walker. Now, they have Gary Neal to throw into the offensive mix. The newly acquired Neal came off the bench and scored 19 points as the surging Bobcats won their seventh home game in a row, defeating the Denver Nuggets 105-98 on Monday night. Jefferson led all scorers with 26 points and Walker scored 24, but it was Neals work off the bench that may have made the biggest difference with Gerald Henderson out with a strained right calf muscle. "It was a huge to get a win at home and protect our homecourt, especially with the standings the way they are," said Neal, who was playing in his only his seventh game with the team since coming over from Milwaukee in a trade on Feb. 20. "I felt good in the (Monday) morning shootaround and had a good individual workout before the game," Neal added. "Then, the first couple shots fell and I got in a good rhythm." Neal actually made his first six field-goal tries as the Bobcats, currently in position to grab the No. 7 seed in the Eastern Conference for the playoffs, improved to 30-34. Three of those baskets by Neal were 3-pointers. The Nuggets, who fell to 27-36, were led by Ty Lawsons 24 points -- 15 of which came in the fourth quarter as he tried to rally his team. "They were without Gerald Henderson and Gary Neal stepped in and did what he needed to do," Nuggets coach Brian Shaw said. "We have to learn to respect everyone, whether hes a starter or coming off the bench." Jefferson made 10 of his first 14 field-goal attempts, and also contributed a game-high 13 rebounds. Walker added seven assists for the Bobcats. Jefferson scored 12 points and grabbed seven rebounds in the first quarter, after which the Bobcats led 25-22. But they actually extended their lead to 12 in the second quarter, as Neal scored nine points. "That boy can score. He made plays, thats all," Jefferson said of Neal. "If he can play like that, its going to give a big lift to the second unit. With him hitting 3s like that, thats jjust going to open up the paint for guys like me who like to attack it. Josh Norman Redskins Jersey. ." Josh McRoberts added 15 points for Charlotte, including a key 3-pointer with 6:15 left at the shot-clock buzzer to extend Charlottes lead to 90-82 after Denver had cut it to five. Denver also got 15 points from Kenneth Faried, 16 from Aaron Brooks, and 11 points and a team-high 10 rebounds from J.J. Hickson. After Faried led a brief Denver comeback to cut Charlottes lead to 51-45 at the half, Walker and Jefferson hit the first two baskets of the third quarter to push the Charlotte advantage back to 10 and the home team never trailed in the second half. Denver did pull to within 101-96 in the final minute, but Walker, who made all 12 of his free-throw attempts on the night, hit a pair with 55.6 seconds left and then Jefferson hit a jumper after a defensive stop to seal the Bobcats victory. "We hung in there and fought hard," Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said. "It wasnt our best game. We made a lot of mistakes in the fourth quarter. But its a good win and an important win for our team." Clifford said Neal, who has now scored in double figures in six of the seven games hes played for the Bobcats, is providing the kind of instant offence that he had hoped for when Neal was acquired from the Bucks along with backup point guard Luke Ridnour. "He played great," Clifford said. "Forget the 7-for-9 (field-goal shooting). He made two big plays out of the pick-and-roll when we were struggling. They blitzed Kemba and Gary Neal hit CDR (Chris Douglas-Roberts) for a big 3 and he started the ball movement on another pick-and-roll that led to a Kemba jumper. Hes the one who kind of got our offence back on track." NOTES: Clifford said Henderson, who missed Mondays game and has been out a week with a strained right calf muscle, might attempt running during Tuesdays practice. He hopes Henderson will be available to resume playing in games soon. Clifford said that likely wont occur until next week, however. ... The Bobcats have 18 home wins, three more than all of last year. NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: