Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

e experience, knowing that hes healthy and has a real chance

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met...
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
blueberryjerry

BerichtGeplaatst: 10-12-2016 04:23:38    Onderwerp: e experience, knowing that hes healthy and has a real chance Reageren met citaat

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Pittsburgh Penguins are on a record pace halfway through the season. Nacer Chadli Hotspur Jersey UK . Imagine what they might do if they get healthy. James Neal scored three times and had two assists, and Sidney Crosby added the go-ahead goal and set up two other tallies to lead the Penguins past the Columbus Blue Jackets 5-3 on Sunday night. "With the injuries weve had, the guys have come in, and the job theyve done is a big reason why weve had a decent first half," Crosby said after the Penguins improved to 29-11-1. "We were at a point where we started to lose guys and it could have gone either way. But weve found a way to survive." Not only survive, but flourish. Their 29 wins eclipsed the previous franchise record for victories through 41 games, snapping a tie with the 1992-93 team which won a franchise-record 56 games and the Stanley Cup. The Penguins 59 points are just one behind that team that was led by Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr. The Penguins are on pace for 58-22-2 record -- again just a point behind the club mark of 119 put up by the 92-93 team. The Penguins have done it despite losing defencemen Rob Scuderi, Brooks Orpik, Kris Letang and Paul Martin for extended stretches, along with forwards Pascal Dupuis, Chuck Kobasew and superstar Evgeni Malkin, along with backup goalie Tomas Vokoun. "The one thing about our team, especially over the last 25 games, weve won as a team," coach Dan Bylsma said. "Weve found ways to win. Different guys have been stepping up." Chris Kunitz added his 21st goal and two assists, and Jeff Zatkoff made 25 saves for the Penguins, who have won all four meetings with Columbus this season. Crosbys shot, which broke a 2-2 tie midway through the third period, was initially stopped by Curtis McElhinney. But Columbus defenceman Fedor Tyutin plowed into McElhinney, and the puck ended up over the goal line. It was Crosbys 22nd goal of the season off a feed from Kunitz on a 2-on-2 rush. "I saw it when (McElhinney) fell on it and it was sort of tucked under his armpit, and ended up falling into the net," Crosby said. Neal scored twice on the power play -- the Penguins were 3 for 6 with the advantage -- including his third goal of the night and 14th of the season with 2:27 left which gave him a career-high five points. He credited Crosby and Kunitz for making his job easy. "Theres only one puck out there, and those guys are so skilled," he said. "On any given night, one of them is going to step up. Thats just the way it is. Its fun to be able to be around guys like that. Theyre unbelievable." Brandon Dubinsky, Corey Tropp and Nikita Nikitin scored for the Blue Jackets before a season-high home crowd of 18,871. Nikitin also had an assist. Moments after Crosby scored, he sent a cross-ice pass to Kunitz for a one-timed shot that pushed Pittsburghs lead to two. Neals final goal sealed the win. Zatkoff, who earned his first career shutout in Columbus on Nov. 2, had 25 saves. The Blue Jackets more than held their own when the teams were at even strength. For large portions of the first and second periods, they controlled the puck and pressured the Penguins in their zone. But eventually they blinked, and that was all the Penguins needed. "For me, it was about cracking and we cracked first," Columbus coach Todd Richards said. "It was a 2-2 game, and I liked the way we started the third period. But we were the team that broke first." NOTES: Scuderi, who had missed 29 games with a broken ankle, returned. ... Blue Jackets LW Blake Comeau played in his 400th NHL game. ... Columbus recalled C Ryan Craig from AHL Springfield on Sunday and then sent him back when fourth-line C Derek MacKenzie was able to play after taking a puck off the shin on Friday. ... Pittsburgh was without Malkin, Dupuis, Martin and Letang. Columbus was missing Nathan Horton, Marian Gaborik, Matt Calvert, and goalie Sergei Bobrovsky. Tottenham Hotspur Jersey UK . Its the games against the leagues struggling franchises that have proved to be an issue. Erik Lamela Jersey UK . "Yeah, [I heard them]," he said. "They made me miss the free throw." A year ago, Lowrys post-game antics may not have been so well received but what was snide and snarky is now endearing quick wit. http://www.hotspurfcproshop.com/nabil-bentaleb-hotspur-jersey-uk/ . The Force had two men, including former Wallabies No. 8 Ben McCalman, in the sin-bin in the dying minutes of the match, but were able to resist a late Highlanders surge to post a four-try, bonus point win. PENTICTON, B.C. -- Hunter Shinkaruk has a second chance to make a first impression. The 19-year-old left-winger was selected by the Vancouver Canucks 24th overall at the 2013 draft when Mike Gillis was the teams general manager and John Tortorella was its head coach. Shinkaruk was among the final cuts at training camp last season before being returned to the WHLs Medicine Hat Tigers, where he suffered a hip injury that eventually ended his year. Now back healthy, and with both Gillis and Tortorella gone after Vancouvers disastrous 2013-14 season, Shinkaruk has an opportunity to start fresh in the organization that drafted him. "With so many new people in the upper management and the coaching staff youve got to come in and show them what youre all about," said Shinkaruk. "Last years camp is basically out the window. It doesnt matter too much. Ive got to come in and play my game and let them know what kind of player I am. "First impression is pretty huge in any profession so Ive just got to go out there and do my best." Shinkaruk is among the players taking part in the Canucks four-team rookie tournament in Penticton that also includes prospects from the Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets. Canucks GM Jim Benning and head coach Willie Desjardins will have lots to mull over, including a number of players like Shinkaruk who they had no part in drafting. "I think youve just got to come in and play your game," said the outgoing Shinkaruk. "Obviously we all have an opportunity to catch the GM and coachs eye, and thats what youve got to do. Weve got to go out there, have fun, but most of all, play our game. Im sure if I do that everything will work out well." Shinkaruk played just 18 games last season for the Tigers before undergoing surgery on his hip after being cut from Canadas world junior hockey camp, but in his 2013 draft year the five-foot-10, 185-pound Calgary native amassed 37 goals and 49 assists in 64 games. "Obviously last year was a pretty emotional year," said Shinkaruk. "I went through a lot. It feels really good to be back on the ice and know my hips 100 per cent." Among the other players under the microscope at the rookie tournament who should be at the Canucks training camp when it gets underway on Thursday are centre Bo Horvat and right-winger Nicklas Jensen. Horvat was selected ninth overall in 2013 with the pick the team received in the trade with the New Jersey Devils for goaltender Cory Schneider, and like Shinkaruk, he knows hes starting from scratch. "Im just playing my game, playing a good two-way game and making a good first impression on the new (coaches)," said 19-year-old from Rodney, Ont. "This is the first time some of them have seen some of us play and this tournament is a good opportunity to show our stuff and show them why we deserve to be here." Travis Green coaches the Utica Comets, Vancouvers AHL affiliate, and is in charge of the Canucks rookie team. The former NHLer has been impressed with Horvat, who had 30 goals and 44 assists in 54 games with the OHLs London Knights in a 2013-14 campaign that included a spot on Canadas world junior team. "Hes a real good player, without a doubt. He does a lot of good things that go unnoticed," said Green, who coached against Horvat when he was behind the bench oof the WHLs Portland Winterhawks at the 2013 Memorial Cup. Eric Dier Hotspur Jersey UK. "Hes a guy that you know is going to play the right way. He doesnt cheat to make offence. He just plays a good 200-foot game. I really like him as a player." Its possible Shinkaruk could be sent to the AHL if he doesnt make the Canucks, but its either the NHL or back to junior for Horvat, who might get a nine-game tryout with Vancouver to start the season before his entry-level deal kicks in. "For me I just dont want to make things too cute -- just play my game, play the way I got noticed in the first place," he said. "I cant play out of my comfort zone. Ive got to play the way that got me here." The six-foot, 206-pound Horvat gets extra attention from fans and media because of the goalie controversy that precipitated the draft-day trade that brought him to Vancouver, but he said its something that hasnt really crossed his mind much recently. "Im sure its going to be brought up throughout my whole career, being part of the Schneider trade," said Horvat. "I try not to think about it too much. Hes a goaltender, Im a player." Another Vancouver prospect with legitimate NHL aspirations this season at the rookie tournament is left-winger Niklas Jensen. He split time between the Comets and Canucks last season, registering three goals and three assists in 17 NHL games. The 29th overall selection at the 2011 draft, Jensen is at his third rookie tournament -- which could be viewed as a slight -- but instead hes embracing the opportunity. "Youve got to show up and prove that you want to be here every night," said the 21-year-old from Herning, Denmark. "I had a good little run last year but I kind of have to forget about that and start all over and work as hard as you can when you get out there and prove that you want to earn a spot." Like any player looking to make an NHL roster, Jensen know its a numbers game, with maybe one forward spot open on the Canucks after a number of new faces were brought in up front to compete for jobs. "If you do as well as they want you to do theyll give you a chance," said Jensen, who has good size at six foot two and 208 pounds. "Thats what were all here for, to take that opportunity. "Were all fighting for maybe one spot, if (that)." Green said its not uncommon for a player to take longer to develop in the professional ranks, as appears to be the case with Jensen. "Its a big jump for guys to the NHL at 19, 20, 21," said Green. "Sometimes it takes being 22, 23 years old when youre ready to play there full time. Its definitely not make or break time for him." For his part, Shinkaruk is just soaking up the experience, knowing that hes healthy and has a real chance to influence his immediate future in front of a new coach and GM. "Its just up to us and how well we play and how hard we come in. I wouldnt have it any other way," he said. "If someone told me four years ago Id be trying out for an NHL team and its up to the way I play, I would have taken that and smiled. "Its a pretty cool chance that I have and Im just trying to make the best of it." Note: Jake Virtanen, the sixth overall pick in June, is skating with the Canucks prospects but has not been cleared for contact after undergoing shoulder surgery in the spring. NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: