Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

last Friday after three innings, c

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met...
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
hfy962464

BerichtGeplaatst: 16-10-2018 05:14:55    Onderwerp: last Friday after three innings, c Reageren met citaat

EDMONTON -- Dallas Eakins brings an emphasis on fitness, accountability and frankness to his new job as head coach of the Edmonton Oilers. Harold Baines Jersey . His arrival also creates a new beginning for a team that has missed the playoffs seven straight years. Forward Jordan Eberle said its time the Oilers forgot about their potential and started proving their ability. "Its a new slate, new coach, new mandate," Eberle said Wednesday. "Theres a point, probably a couple years ago, when you get sick and tired of hearing how good youre going to be and just want to get to that point." Fellow veteran forward Sam Gagner said the expectation for the team has to be nothing less than the playoffs. "Weve been through a lot of losing," he said after the teams camp opened with medicals and fitness testing. "It helps you grow as a person but its never fun. Our core is pretty much intact and we have a lot to prove. "Its important for us to realize that the time is now to turn things around." To that end Eakins, hired in the off-season to replace the fired Ralph Krueger, made it clear to the players its time to shed the "young team" label and show they belong in the NHL. "Its a cop-out to be labelled young," said Gagner, whos heading into his seventh season with the Oilers. "It allows you to go through some growing periods but thats done now. Weve been through a lot as a core and its time for us to move forward. "We have a mix of veterans, young guys and everything in between and its important for us to reach that next level." Theyll try to do that without veteran captain Shawn Horcoff (traded to Dallas), minus an established backup to goaltender Devan Dubnyk and with No. 1 centre Ryan Nugent-Hopkins -- the first pick in the 2011 draft -- on the sidelines. Nugent-Hopkins underwent off-season shoulder surgery and is expected to miss the first few weeks of the regular season. Eakins, who was hired last June after will experiment with winger Taylor Hall, the teams leading scorer last season, moving into the vacant centre spot. "Dont make too much of that," Eakins cautioned. "Its not like Ive asked this guy to go play right defence. Hes played centre before. It may be an option for us a I want as many options as I can. "This is my experiment. If it works, great, if it doesnt I was crazy and well move him back to left wing where hes a pretty good player." For his part, Eakins said one of his immediate tasks is to learn the personalities of each of his players. "Its absolutely No. 1 for me," he said. "I dont know how you motivate a guy or push him in the right direction if you dont know what makes him tick. I just dont know how to do it. You really have to get to know the individuals." The former Toronto Marlies coach assured his players there would be no surprises. Hell be frank and upfront with them on all issues. "Its common sense to me," he said. "I dont like surprises a and I dont think players need surprises either. Theyll know exactly where they stand with me." In return he expects full accountability from his players, and that, said Gagner and Eberle, is how it should be. "He demands a lot of us, which is great," said Eberle. "Accountability is one of the most important things in the dressing room and with Dallas, if theres a problem hes going to address it. Thats how a team should function. If a guys not working hard someone should say something." The Oilers have 62 players in camp. They will open the pre-season Saturday with split-squad games against the Flames in Edmonton and Calgary. Paul Konerko Jersey . Andrew Luck couldnt believe his ears. Colts fans couldnt believe the scoreboard, and the Kansas City Chiefs couldnt believe their incredibly bad luck. Carlos Rodon Jersey . Pressley missed all of last season with Cincinnati because of a knee injury, but the 5-foot-10, 249-pounder had been expected to fill a need on Clevelands roster. http://www.whitesoxteamshop.com/White-Sox-Luis-Aparicio-Kids-Jersey/ . -- Jerome Williams glanced at Philadelphias schedule and realized he would be facing the Oakland Athletics yet again, with another new team.NEW YORK -- Following a long stretch of futility, Tampa Bays fortunes have turned. Logan Forsythe hit a tiebreaking single with two outs in the 12th inning and the Rays beat the New York Yankees 4-3 Monday night despite squandering a late lead. "This is my own personal theory, is that to win on the road in extra innings really is good for a teams morale," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. Kevin Kiermaier homered in his third straight game and Matt Joyce also went deep for the resurgent Rays, who have their first three-game winning streak since taking a season-best four in a row May 22-25. Theyve won five of six overall and no longer own the worst record in the majors, a distinction that had belonged to them since June 4. "Nobody quit," Maddon said. "To lose a game like this would have been really hard to walk in here. Its very difficult, and you dont know the negative complementary impacts its going to have." The only real bad news for the Rays was that shortstop Yunel Escobar is headed to the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 25, because of a sore right shoulder. "Pretty much on target for a minimal stay," Maddon said. Brian Roberts homered off Rays reliever Joel Peralta with one out in the ninth to tie it 3-all. As the ball cleared the right-field wall, Peralta crouched near the mound and pounded his fist into his glove. But the scuffling Yankees were unable to muster any more offence and lost for the seventh time in nine games. "They were able to get the big hits at the end and we werent," manager Joe Girardi said. "Weve had two extremely tough losses on this homestand." Chris Archer nearly became the first pitcher in more than a century to win his first five outings against the Yankees, and Tampa Bay hurlers finished June with 287 strikeouts -- breaking the major league record for one month set by the Chicago Cubs, who had 286 in August 2002. "It was so special," Archer said. "Were going to be etched in stone for a while." Brandon Guyer drew a two-out walk from Jose Ramirez (0-2) in the 12th and stole second. Forsythe lined the next pitch into centre field, scoring Guyer easily. "Big boost in confidence. Thats why we keep battling every game," said Forsythe, who also played excellent defence at second base. "We never think were out of it, and its great to be that guy tonight." Brad Boxberger (1-1) pitched two perfect innings for hiss first major league win in 72 appearances. Jose Abreu Jersey. "Really dominant kind of stuff," Maddon said. "He was in total command of the moment." Archer went seven innings and was in line for the victory until Roberts homered. The last pitcher to start his career 5-0 in five games against New York was Washington Senators Hall of Famer Walter Johnson from 1907-08 -- back when the club was still called the Highlanders. The 25-year-old Archer has a 1.51 ERA in 35 2-3 innings against the Yankees. Ryan Hanigan gave the Rays a 3-2 lead in the eighth with an RBI single off closer David Robertson. Hanigans clutch hit came after Dellin Betances issued consecutive two-out walks. "I couldnt make pitches with two outs," Betances said. "Thats why I was so frustrated: I couldnt end the inning." New York pitchers have walked 16 in the last two games. Despite his teams record (36-49), Maddon is optimistic the Rays have turned things around in time to make a run. Tampa Bays bats busted loose for 12 runs Sunday in Baltimore, and Joyce picked up Monday right where he left off. Joyce, who tied team records with five hits and 12 total bases the day before, connected off David Phelps in the first inning for his third home run in two games. Going into Sunday, Joyce had three homers all season -- none since May 11. Kiermaier, who had three hits, made it 2-0 with a leadoff shot in the third, but the Yankees finally broke through against Archer in the bottom half. Brett Gardner grounded an RBI triple inside first base and scored on Derek Jeters groundout. NOTES: When LHP David Price starts Tuesday night, hell try to join Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez as the only pitchers to strike out at least 10 in six consecutive games. In 22 career starts against the Yankees, Price has never fanned 10. ... RHP Jeremy Hellickson (elbow surgery) threw 38 pitches in Florida and felt good, Maddon said. Now, the Rays will determine whether Hellicksons next rehab outing will be for Class-A Charlotte or Triple-A Durham. Hellickson ended his rehab start with Durham last Friday after three innings, complaining of discomfort. ... Rays CF Desmond Jennings was hit by pitches in the ninth and 11th. ... New York LHP CC Sabathia (right knee) threw a bullpen at Yankee Stadium and is scheduled to throw about 50 pitches in a rehab start Thursday for Double-A Trenton. "Hopefully, hes on the horizon," GM Brian Cashman said. Wholesale Jerseys 2018 NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Black China NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo China Jerseys Stitched Jerseys China NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap Stitched Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Hoodies NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: