Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

The two women were Canadas flag-bearers at

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met...
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
lw789

BerichtGeplaatst: 21-12-2016 08:37:17    Onderwerp: The two women were Canadas flag-bearers at Reageren met citaat

TORONTO -- AC Milans legends team looked better than a squad of former players should Wednesday night. The Italian side scored twice in a four-minute span in the second half to defeat former stars from S.L. Benfica 2-0 to win the Legends Cup at BMO Field. Christian Lantignotti finished off a cross from Ibrahim Ba in the 65th minute to get AC Milan on the board. Then in the 68th minute Milan forward Gauz was taken down in the area. Defender Massimo Oddo easily beat Benfica keeper Nuno Santos on the ensuing penalty kick to give his team a 2-0 lead. "I think AC Milan they play quite a few times a year, I heard 16 times together in a year. This was the first time we played together and I think we did very well," said Benfica coach Antonio Jerontomo. "If we start to play together more often, which we want to do, we will improve as well." Wednesdays match was played as a tribute to the late Mozambique native, Portuguese footballer Eusebio, who passed away Jan. 5 at the age of 71. Despite dominating the first-half possession and out-chancing Benfica the two sides remained scoreless at half. "I think it was a good performance by two good teams," said Jerontomo. "I think we started off well. Maybe AC Milan had a little bit more chances. Probably they have a little more options on the bench as we had a couple of injuries. "The players felt a little bit tired, but I think the spectators enjoyed seeing the ex-champions. They still can play, but not as quick as before. It was a decent game. It was a good crowd, very good crowd." Ba had many quality chances for AC Milan. He nearly opened the scoring in the 14th minute, but collided with Santos and put his shot just wide of the goal. Two minutes later, Santos got just enough of Bas free kick from just outside the area to deflect the shot wide of the goal. In the 20th minute, AC Milan forward Christian Vieri had an excellent strike from the area, but put it just wide. "Weve been in Iran, were going to be in China so weve been all around the world. Weve had a lot of friendly matches and maybe well be back in Toronto," said Milans Palo Maldini. "The crowd was great. Were trying to put on a good show. People were excited to see the old Milan team." Benfica didnt generate much by way of scoring chances in the opening 40 minutes, but in the 32nd minute forward Nandinho had a great opportunity from just outside the box. However, he put the shot over the crossbar. As for Italys chances at the upcoming World Cup next month in Brazil, Maldini didnt seem optimistic. "Italy always battles for the final," he said. "This year is not going to be very easy. The quality is not so good, but we will have a chance to reach semifinal." AC Milan is a seven-time winner of Champions League while Benfica won last years Primeira Liga. Rafinha Barcelona Jersey . The 20-year-old Inoue landed a series of combinations and the bout was stopped 2 minutes, 54 seconds into the sixth round. Inoue, the first Japanese boxer to claim a world title in just his sixth professional fight, improved to 6-0 with five knockouts. Munir El Haddadi Jersey . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. http://www.barcelonasoccerpro.com/Authentic-Luis-Suarez-Barcelona-Jersey/. Andrews, Scotland - Oliver Wilson fired a final- round, 2-under 70 on Sunday and he held on to win the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship by one shot. Sergi Roberto Jersey . The question all fans want to know heading into this light heavyweight affair is will Rua display his true potential. Working with UFC welterweight fighter Demian Maias team in Sao Paulo Brazil and having training partners such as fellow UFC stand outs Fabio Maldonado and Daniel Sarafian, the 32-year old feels very well prepared for Friday nights encounter. Rafinha Jersey . Algeria led 3-0 at halftime, but withstood a stronger South Korean second half performance to claim its first World Cup win since 1982 and move into second place in Group H with one match left to play. Defeat for South Korea means it must now beat already-qualified Belgium to stand a chance of progressing to the knockout stages.CALGARY - Kaillie Humphries is preparing for a historic and hectic day in her bobsled career.Because of a quirk in the schedule, the Canadian pilot will race her signature two-woman event and about an hour later make her World Cup debut as a four-man pilot Saturday.Humphries and Elana Meyers Taylor of the U.S. will be the first females to pilot four-man bobsleds in a World Cup. Both will do double-driving duty in the mens and womens races at Calgarys Canada Olympic Park.When it rains, it pours, you know the old saying, Humphries said Monday in COPs Ice House. Its going to be a very intense day.I havent ever had to be in this situation before. Im not able to draw from experience. No one has been in this situation, coaching staff, nobody. Its going to be trial and error. Were going to face it the best way we know how.Humphries has logged four runs at Olympic Games and world championships, but theyre spread over two days. On Saturday, the second heat of the womens race starts at 12:30 followed by the first heat of four-man at 2 p.m. local time.So Humphries, the two-time Olympic gold medallist, and Meyers Taylor will have little time to mentally switch gears between the womens and mens races.Ive never had to do four all-out runs in one day, let alone with limited time in between, Humphries said. Its new for everybody, not just for Elana and I, but for the rest of the world to be in this position.Its not set up perfectly, but nothing ever is. You learn to adapt and overcome and this is going to be one of those situations.The World Cup event kicks off Friday, with mens and womens skeleton and mens two-man bobsled.Humphries asked the worlds governing body of the sport in May to allow her to pilot a mens sled. With just six weeks until the start of the 2014-15 racing season, the FIBT gave her the green light by declaring four-man bobsled gender neutral.That allows for mixed teams and all-female teams to compete against mens four-man sleds. Humphries and Meyers Taylor, who finished second to Humphries at this years Winter Olympics, will pilot crews with male brakemen and pushers. Humphries and Meyers Taylor logged five races on three different tracks on the developmental North American and European Cup circuits to earn their World Cup qualification.Neither woman raced four-man at the season-opening World Cup last week in Lake Placid, N.Y. They instead chose to coompete in two-woman only and postpone their four-man debuts until Calgary.ddddddddddddMeyers Taylor won gold in the womens race in Lake Placid. Humphries and brakewoman Melissa Lotholz of Barrhead, Alta., were fifth.So there is a competition-within-a-competition for Humphries and Meyers Taylor. Both want to prove themselves against the men and beat each other in their new event while they continue to battle for gold in womens races.We call it the battle royale between her and I, Humphries said.Definitely have some catching up to do in two-man. Im not in panic-mode by any means. Ive got to be able to shift my focus back and forth and sometimes its not going to go exactly like I planned.Her crewmen Dan Dale of Grande Prairie, Alta., Calgarys D.J. McLelland and Joey Nemet of Hamilton will all make their World Cup debuts Saturday.I have a lot of, you know, momma-ing to do to prepare my guys, Humphries said. Weve got a lot of learning, a lot of preparation.We are facing the worlds best teams out there and the other brakemen on the other crews, the other sides guys are fairly big and large and can be intimidating.Humphries and her crew finished fourth and second in a pair of North American Cup races in November in Calgary. They were 17th in a European Cup race Dec. 7 in La Plagne, France.I can feel going down the track the strides shes making as a pilot in four-man, Dale said. We want to give Kaillie the best push possible. Anything we can do to make her weekend easier were here to do it.Humphries is grateful the compressed race day will be on her familiar home track. She believes she wont have to race both events on a single day elsewhere this World Cup season.Its definitely easier than it would have been on the majority of tracks around the world and Im lucky that its here, she said.Humphries and brakeman Heather Moyse of Summerside, P.E.I., defended their Olympic title in Sochi, Russia, in February after claiming gold four years ago in Whistler, B.C. The two women were Canadas flag-bearers at the closing ceremonies in Sochi.Humphries will attempt a three-peat in Pyeongchang, South Korea, in 2018. The 29-year-old has won 11 of her 16 career World Cup races as well as a pair of womens world championships.Womens bobsled was introduced as an Olympic sport in 2002 as a two-person event, while the men continued to race two-man and four-man sleds. China Jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: