Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

. Some fans lined up outside a popular stri

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met...
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
lw789

BerichtGeplaatst: 21-12-2016 08:47:08    Onderwerp: . Some fans lined up outside a popular stri Reageren met citaat

BEREA, Ohio -- There were No. 2 jerseys everywhere, ringing the practice fields in various shapes, sizes and colours. On the first day of training camp, Browns fans came out by the thousands, many of them to get their first live look at the popular and polarizing quarterback who electrified college football and who may one day lead Cleveland back to pro football glory. They all came to see Johnny Manziel. Strutting around the field with his usual swagger, Manziel went through his first training camp practice on Saturday, a workout that finally allowed the focus to be on his playing ability after months of his social life making headlines. A day after acknowledging he "made some rookie mistakes" with his off-the-field exploits, Manziel zipped passes and showed some of the elusiveness that earned him his Johnny Football nickname while at Texas A&M. "I have fun playing this game," Manziel said. "I have fun going out on this field playing football. Its what I live for, its what I love to do." On Friday, Manziel, who will battle Brian Hoyer for Clevelands starting job, said he wished he had done some things differently during the off-season, when his wild weekends partying in Las Vegas nightclubs brought both he and the Browns some unwanted publicity. Manziel vowed to be all about football now, and his every move will be dissected over the next few weeks as he and Hoyer compete. Browns owner Jimmy Haslam hopes Manziel sticks to his word and changes his behaviour. "Johnny said it himself, he made some mistakes," said Haslam. "We expect better from him. Im sure hell perform and now were anxious to see what he can do on the field, which is what really counts." Haslam, whose Pilot Flying J truck-stop company has been at the centre of a federal investigation for fraud, rattled off the names of famous athletes like LeBron James, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Derek Jeter as examples of athletes Manziel should try to model himself after. "The really great athletes make their news on the field, not off the field," Haslam said. Hours before the Browns opened the gates of their training complex, fans waited patiently in lines for a chance to get a prime spot to see Manziel. Bracing for huge crowds at camp, the Browns required fans to register online for the first time to reserve a ticket for the practices. At 9:22 a.m., Manziel emerged through the door of Clevelands locker room and made his way onto the field. As Manziel came into view, fans wearing "Johnny Football T-shirts" and No. 2 jerseys, some of them recycled ones they wore when Tim Couch was Clevelands starting quarterback, cheered as House of Pains "Jump Around" blared through loudspeakers. Manziel later said he appreciated the support. "Personally, Ive had an incredible fan base thats followed me and really come out of the woodwork here in Cleveland for me," he said. "Its truly incredible. Im truly thankful to have those guys, but more than anything, its not just my number, my name on the back. Its Cleveland. Its the Browns. Its awesome to have the fan base that we have for this team, not just me. Its a great turnout today, and Im sure that wont stop anytime soon." Hoyer had a much smaller following, but there are plenty of Cleveland fans who are pulling for the hometown kid to fend off Manziel. Hoyer opens camp with a sizeable advantage over Manziel, but the 28-year-old knows he cant afford any major slipups or his lead will evaporate. Hoyer put in countless hours rehabbing a surgically repaired right knee to be ready for this season. He knows this could be his last chance at a starting job. "Like Ive said all along, playing for this team was my dream as a child, but also being from here doesnt make me the best quarterback for this team," he said. "I want to earn it out on the field." Even Haslam feels some sentimentality toward Hoyer. "Is there a better story?" he said. "Hes a hometown kid, hes coming off an injury. We all want him to do well." Hoyer took the first reps with Clevelands starting offence, and he completed his first pass to wide receiver Austin Miles. Manziel was behind centre a few plays later, and after dropping deep in the pocket, his throw toward the sideline sailed long, beyond the outstretched hands of receiver Charles Johnson. The incompletion didnt discourage the Manzielmaniacs, who are confident he can make the Browns winners. "I loved watching him play in college," said Sam Wilson of North Canton, Ohio, who came to camp with his girlfriend, Savannah Meadows. "I think hes kind of a football genius and I think hell turn it around. I have faith in him." Not everyone was focused on Manziels throws. "I just think hes really cute," Meadows said. NOTES: Second-year LB Barkevious Mingo made several nice plays, tipping away an early pass by Hoyer. Coach Mike Pettine said Mingo came in heavier this year, but hasnt lost his speed. "Im very pleased. He got into the playbook and showed up ready to work," Pettine said of the No. 6 overall pick in 2013. ... The Browns placed TEs Gary Barnidge and MarQueis Gray, G John Greco and DT Phil Taylor on non-football injury list after they failed their conditioning tests. Otis Sistrunk Raiders Jersey . -- Zach Johnson asked his short-iron approach on the par-4 18th to "Do something right, baby. Tim Brown Raiders Jersey . Tottenham claimed top spot in Group K by winning 2-0 at Tromso after defender Adnan Causevic scored an own goal before Mousa Dembele put the result beyond doubt. Valencia made sure it will finish first in Group A with a 1-0 win at Swansea thanks to an early goal from Dani Parejo. http://www.shoptheraidersonline.com/Elite-Khalil-Mack-Raiders-Jersey/. The team let Keaton Ellerby, James Wright and Matt Halischuk become unrestricted free agents after declining to make them qualifying offers. Ellerby, 25, appeared in 51 games for the Jets last season and had two goals and four assists. Stacy McGee Raiders Jersey . The Islanders own the fifth pick in the 2014 draft but had until June 1 to decide whether to keep it or defer to 2015. The selection was packaged in the teams deal for Thomas Vanek on October 27, 2013. Sio Moore Raiders Jersey . It looked like being another miserable day for Moyes when Ashley Westwood put Villa in front from a 13th-minute free kick. But Rooney headed United level seven minutes later, and the striker netted his 16th of the season for the struggling champions from the penalty spot before halftime.MONTREAL -- Somewhere among all the cheering, there were probably a few sighs of relief. Montreal Canadiens fans spilled out of the Bell Centre downtown Tuesday evening in high -- yet cautious -- spirits after the Habs downed the New York Rangers in an action-packed 7-4 win. The victory staves off elimination one more time for the Canadiens, who head to New York for Game 6 of the NHL Eastern Conference final on Thursday. The Rangers lead the best-of-seven series 3-2 but Habs fans werent dwelling on that Wednesday night. "Go Habs, Go," chanted an exuberant Fil Mardakis as she headed to a nearby subway station with a friend. "All the way." She raised her eyebrows beneath her cowboy hat -- which had a Canadiens logo on the front -- when asked what she thought were the sweetest moments of the contest. "Oh my God, certainly not the penalties we got, but the final three goals were awesome." Her friend Niki Pollis was hard-pressed to contain her joy at the win. "I was so happy that they won," she gushed. "I cant believe it. It was awesome, we played awesome." And she tipped her own hat to goalie Dustin Tokarski who has had to pinch hit since Carey Price was sidelined with a knee injury. "Hes No. 1," Pollis said. "No. 1. Tell him. He saved us." Her view was shared by Stephane Rivest. He also pointed to right winger Rene Bourque, who scored three goals which prompted fans to send hats fluttering onto the ice to celebrate the achievement. "Mr. Bourque was great," Rivest said. "Mr. Tokarski was great as well for a kid coming in but who knows. Its a great series and well see who wins." Fans didnt linger too long outside the Bell Centre or on nearby Ste-Catherine Street to celebbrate the win.dddddddddddd Some groups hooted and chanted in small groups and in front of TV cameras outside the arena. A busker playing a clarinet version of the signature "Ole Ole Ole" song that has become a staple of games got cheers as throngs -- many in Habs jerseys or with their faces painted in the teams red, white and blue colours -- headed past to the subway. On Ste-Catherine Street, fans were mainly well-behaved amid the heavy presence of Montreal police, who seemed ready to do a little stickhandling of their own if crowds got too rowdy. Lines of helmeted police stood on street corners and across storefronts, watching as the upbeat mobs trundled past on the commercial artery which has been hit by post-game riots in past years. A quick glance on side streets also revealed busloads of additional officers ready to move in if needed. One fan who high-fived anyone who passed him as he walked down the street found himself waving into empty air as he came to the police line at one point. He stared surprised with his hand aloft in front of a baton-gripping female officer, who smiled politely and suggested her hands were otherwise occupied and unable to return the greeting. Other officers further down the street smiled and gave a quick palm slap when someone offered one. In the end, there would be no trouble. Some fans lined up outside a popular strip joint not far from the hockey temple while others simply looked for some food or headed home to bask in the win. "It was a great comeback because it was close until the final minute," said Serge Lapierre as he walked to a subway. "The Rangers have done a lot but I think were ready." Ready enough to win the Canadiens first Stanley Cup since 1993? "I always think so." China Jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: