Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

penalty shot goal that put Canada ahead 2-0 o

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met...
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
lw789

BerichtGeplaatst: 22-12-2016 04:18:31    Onderwerp: penalty shot goal that put Canada ahead 2-0 o Reageren met citaat

MIAMI -- A replay reversal loaded the bases with nobody out and the score tied, which meant the Seattle Mariners had to pitch to Giancarlo Stanton for a change. He made them pay. Stanton hit a grand slam to redeem himself for a costly error early in the game, and the Miami Marlins beat the Seattle Mariners 8-4 Friday night. "We tried to stay away from him all night, because he is the one guy in that lineup that can really hurt you," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. "We had no choice there." The overturned call set the table for Stanton. Reed Johnson was ruled out at third on a force play following a bunt, but the umpires reviewed the call and determined third baseman Kyle Seager had juggled the ball. "Im a big fan of replay tonight," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "I was fired up when we won the challenge." "I knew it was going to be overturned right away," McClendon said. "That was the right call." The Mariners deployed five infielders for a potential forceout at the plate, and Stanton cleared them all with a towering homer to the left of the home-run sculpture. The 6-foot-6, 242-pound slugger took a pounding from jubilant teammates when he reached home plate, but he said he wasnt hurt. "Nah," he said. "I was throwing punches too." Stanton tied a career high with five RBIs to increase his total to 26, most in the majors. He also had an error in the second inning in right field that scored two unearned runs. Stanton was intentionally walked in consecutive at-bats, so he had to wait until the ninth to make amends for his defensive lapse. "I knew this game was going to be lost or won because of me," he said. "I was like, If I get a chance to hit, Id better take care of it, because of what I did earlier in the game. It was definitely in my mind as a duty." The Mariners lost their fourth game in a row, while the Marlins won for only the second time in the past 11 games. Johnson singled to start the ninth against Yoervis Medina (0-1), and Christian Yelich beat out a sacrifice bunt for his third hit. Marcell Ozunas bunt loaded the bases following the replay review, and Stanton hit a 1-2 slider for his sixth home run. Jarrod Saltalamacchia hit his second homer for the Marlins, who won despite two errors that led to three unearned runs. The Marlins Nathan Eovaldi pitched six innings and allowed three runs, one earned. He lowered his ERA in seven interleague starts to 1.70. Steve Cishek (1-0) pitched a perfect ninth. The Mariners, beginning their first series in Miami since 2005 and their second ever, squandered repeated scoring chances. They went 2 for 11 with runners in scoring position. Abraham Almonte had a double and a triple and scored twice, but slumping Robinson Cano went 1 for 5 and is 4 for 22 on the Mariners trip. The Mariners patchwork rotation again failed to go deep into a game. Chris Young lasted only three innings while giving up seven hits and four runs. "I just never got in a rhythm," Young said. "I never felt comfortable. I wanted to go deep in the game, and I need to pitch better to do so." The Marlins overcame some bad baserunning, a problem since the season started. Yelich was an easy out trying to score from second on a two-out infield hit and Saltalamacchia was picked off first. The Marlins fielding was no better. They have allowed 14 unearned runs this season, and they came into the game tied for the most in the majors. "Weve been a little sloppy in areas," Redmond said. NOTES: Seattle OF James Jones made his big league debut when he came off the bench in the seventh inning, and he singled in the eighth. ... Yelich had three hits to extend his hitting streak to 12 games. ... Miamis Casey McGehee improved to 8 for 15 (.533) with runners in scoring position. ... Eovaldi needed 13 pitches to retire Hart in the first inning. ... Redmond, a Seattle native, grew up a Mariners fan and said he probably attended their home opener 15 years in a row. ... LHP Roenis Elias (1-1, 2.16), who earned his first major league win in his most recent outing, is scheduled to start Saturday for Seattle against Henderson Alvarez (0-2, 4.30). Alvarez turned 24 Friday. Morgan Brian USA Jersey . But the young forward is more than willing to shed a little blood if thats what it takes to make the team this season. "It caught me pretty good, dazed me for that shift, but I didnt want to be off the ice for too long," he said after practice, his lip still bleeding a little despite the plastic stitches holding it together. Heather OReilly USA Jersey . -- Two-time AL Cy Young Award winner Johan Santana agreed Tuesday to a minor league contract with the Baltimore Orioles as he tries to come back from the second major operation on his left shoulder. http://www.socceruswnt.com/hope-solo-usa-jersey/.com) - Robert Martin and Josh Hicks combined for more than 300 yards rushing and three touchdowns, as Rutgers rolled past North Carolina, 40-21, in the Quick Lane Bowl. Crystal Dunn Jersey . -- Jake Paterson made 39 saves as the Saginaw Spirit halted the Guelph Storms seven-game win streak with a 6-3 victory on Sunday in Ontario Hockey League action. Gina Lewandowski Soccer Jersey . -- Two-time AL Cy Young Award winner Johan Santana agreed Tuesday to a minor league contract with the Baltimore Orioles as he tries to come back from the second major operation on his left shoulder.The 2014 World Junior Hockey Championship continues to attract record audiences on TSN platforms, including Team Canadas quarter-final win on Thursday. TSNs exclusive broadcast of Canadas 4-1 quarter-final victory over Switzerland on Thursday attracted a record average audience of more than 1.6 million viewers - the most-watched ever for a World Juniors quarter-final or semifinal game outside of North America. Swedens 6-0 quarter-final win over Slovakia had an average audience of 752,000 viewers – making it the highest audience of the tournament for a non-Canadian game. TSN Digital platforms also set a single-day record for video views, generating more than 1.5 million views yesterday on TSN.ca, TSN mobile apps, and TSNs official YouTube channel. Fans were also able to view video highlightss on Twitter via @TSN_Sports as part of the first live sports execution of Twitter Amplify in Canada.dddddddddddd. Video highlights of Team Canada goals comprised some of the days most popular clips, including Anthony Manthas penalty shot goal that put Canada ahead 2-0 over Switzerland. TSNs coverage of the 2014 World Junior Hockey Championship continues this weekend with the semifinals, Bronze Medal Game, and Gold Medal Game: Saturday• Semifinal #1: Russia–Sweden at 9am et/6am pt • Semifinal #2: Canada–Finland at 12:30pm et/9:30am pt Sunday• Bronze Medal Game at 9am et/6am pt • Gold Medal Game at 1pm et/10am pt China Jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: