Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

putting more stress on his upper arms

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met de Cheetah
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
elaine95

BerichtGeplaatst: 29-12-2018 04:58:55    Onderwerp: putting more stress on his upper arms Reageren met citaat

Hannah Foslien/Getty ImagesMinnesota Twins first baseman Joe Mauer will examine his future in MLB following the 2018 season Authentic Myles Garrett Jersey , he said in an interview with the Star Tribune'sLa Velle E. Neal III.Mauer discussed how he plans to thoroughly weigh his decision in the offseason:"There's a lot that goes into it than just, 'Do you want to play?'There's a lot of different dynamics that go into it. I owe it to myself and my family to sit down and think about those things.I have had some conversations with some people close to me and it's amazing. Getting little bits from different people that are helping me cultivate this [decision]. I still have a lot to think about. I still have people who I want to speak to.It's interesting. It's a big decision, and I want to make sure I'm 100 percent about it."Mauer is a free agent this offseason, so he wouldn't be leaving any money on the table if he retired.The 35-year-old is also suffering through one of the worst seasons of his career. He's still batting .272, but he's unrecognizable from the hitter who won American League MVP in 2009. He's slugging .374 with six home runs and 43 RBI. According toFanGraphs, Mauer's 0.8 WAR is his second-lowest ever.Neal also noted Mauer was dealing withconcussion-like symptomsearlier this year after hitting his head on the ground while diving to make a play in the Twins' 5-4 win over the Los Angeles Angels on May 11.Mauer suffered a concussion in 2013 that accelerated what was going to be afull-time movefrom catcher to first base. Hetold reportersin 2016 he had continued to feel the effects of the concussion years later as he would have blurred vision at the plate during day games.Whenever he does officially retire Jarvis Landry Jersey Elite , Mauer will go down as one of the greatest players in Twins history, and he's likely a lock for the Hall of Fame.According toBaseball Reference, Mauer boasts a 46.9 JAWS score, which averages a player's career WAR with their peak WAR over a seven-year span. Mauer's JAWS score is seventh-best among catchers, and the six players ahead of him are all enshrined in Cooperstown, New York. CHICAGO (AP) — Trevor Bauer was sailing along in another dominant start right until he got struck in the right ankle by a line drive.Another bruising blow couldn’t derail the Cleveland Indians.Bauer pitched two-hit ball into the seventh inning and Michael Brantley and Jose Ramirez hit back-to-back home runs to lift the Indians to a 3-1 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Saturday night.Bauer (12-6) won his fourth straight start. He gave up one run and struck out eight before Jose Abreu’s leadoff liner hit him in the seventh.The ball appeared headed toward the upper portion of his leg before sinking a bit and striking the ankle with his foot in the air. It ricocheted toward first baseman Yonder Alonso http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/jarvis-landry-jersey , who stepped on the bag for the out.Bauer was slow to rise to his feet and walked around gingerly as manager Terry Francona and an assistant trainer came out to check on him. The Indians brought in Brad Hand, ending another dominant start. Bauer is 5-0 with a 1.72 ERA in his past eight outings.The Indians think he just has a bruise, though he did undergo precautionary X-rays after the game.“He got hit pretty hard, but then again just to cover everything, we’ll get an x-ray,” Francona said.Losing Bauer for an extended time obviously would be a big blow for a team that has been banged up. The Indians are also putting slugger Edwin Encarnacion on the disabled list because of swelling in his left biceps Authentic Jarvis Landry Jersey , Francona said.“We’ve got nothing but prayers and hopes that everyone will be back soon,” Brantley said. “But at the same time we’ve got to step up as a unit, as a team, go out there and still get our jobs done to the best of our abilities.”GOING DEEPThe game was tied at 1 before Brantley and Ramirez hit consecutive homers against James Shields in the sixth. Brantley also singled and doubled.Cody Allen worked the ninth for his 22nd save in 25 chances. He gave up a leadoff single to Yolmer Sanchez but struck out Avisail Garcia to end the game after Daniel Palka — who homered in the ninth in Friday’s 1-0 victory — flied to deep center.Shields (4-14) allowed two earned runs and seven hits in seven innings. Yoan Moncada homered in the third , but the White Sox committed three errors.“Yeah, it’s been a frustrating season Authentic Bradley Chubb Jersey , no doubt about it,” Shields said. “I’m just going to go out there and try and throw some quality starts and go as deep as I can in the game and give us a chance to win. Flip side, Bauer has been pitching very well this year, he’s a tough one to beat. You can’t really give up two home runs in one inning and expect to win the ballgame like that.”TRAINER’S ROOMIndians: Francona said the swelling in Encarnacion’s bicep is “not bad at all,” and X-rays on his right hand “came back actually really good, really clean.” Encarnacion has struggled since being hit on the right hand by Yankees reliever Chad Green before the All-Star break. He has often been swinging with one hand http://www.denverbroncosteamonline.com/bradley-chubb-jersey , putting more stress on his upper arms. … RHP Corey Kluber left the ballpark feeling ill prior to the game, though Francona said he should be ready to make his scheduled start against Cincinnati on Tuesday.White Sox: Manager Rick Renteria said OF Leury Garcia (strained left hamstring) continues to ramp up his activity, though the White Sox are “probably three or four days away” from deciding if he will go on a minor league rehab assignment. Garcia was injured on Sunday at Tampa Bay.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Carlos Carrasco (13-6, 3.69 ERA) looks to bounce back from a loss to Minnesota on Tuesday. He was 5-0 in his previous six starts.White Sox: RHP Dylan Covey (4-8, 5.58 ERA) — 1-7 with an 8.24 ERA in his past nine starts — tries to break his slump. He was charged with four runs in 4 1/3 innings in loss to the New York Yankees on Monday.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met de Cheetah Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: