Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

The Canucks are hitting the road for a four-game road trip,

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met...
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
wangshi

BerichtGeplaatst: 21-11-2017 09:49:40    Onderwerp: The Canucks are hitting the road for a four-game road trip, Reageren met citaat

TORONTO -- Just two games into the 2014 MLS season, Toronto FC is experiencing new heights. Washington Redskins Jerseys . England star Jermain Defoe is scoring goals as befitting his monster salary. American international Michael Bradley is pulling the strings in midfield. And everyone else is playing their part. Its early days yet but Toronto, once the MLS doormat, is off to its best start ever at 2-0-0 and drawing a crowd on and off the pitch. On Saturday, the TFC dressing room was crammed with reporters eager to tell the story of Torontos 1-0 win over D.C. United in the home opener before an announced -- and enthusiastic -- sellout crowd of 22,591 at BMO Field. Defoe emerged from the shower in a towel and flip-flops to find a mass of humanity in front of his stall. "Id forgotten about this," he said with a smile. The 31-year-old forward, used to reporter-free dressing rooms in England, must have felt like he was starring in "Magic Mike" as he dressed in front of some three dozen members of the media. Canadian midfielder Jonathan Osorio, who dresses two stalls down, had to scale his locker like he was climbing Everest just to get to his gear. Toronto loves a winner. Its just never seen one wearing Toronto FC gear. Still manager Ryan Nelsen is preaching caution at this early stage of the franchises eighth season. "I dont think were a top team right now," he said. "Were very well organized but I dont think weve seen the best of us. And you wont see the best of us because were still new." "I think we still have a long way to go as a team," he added. "Well play better than that probably and lose games." Toronto started six players Saturday who werent with the club last year. Defoe, who scored twice in his MLS debut last week in Seattle, could have had four goals Saturday before he finally scored in the 60th minute after Brazilian strike partner Gilberto was sent in alone by a beautiful through ball from Bradley. Goalie Bill Hamid made the save but the ball was cleared only as far as Defoe, who got the ball out from under his feet and hammered home a right-footed shot. The goal, which featured all three of TFCs designated players, was a model of efficiency. Brazilian international goalie Julio Cesar started the play, booting the ball up field. A D.C. United player headed it back towards the Toronto end but TFC captain Steven Caldwell nipped in and sent it to Osorio. The 21-year-old Canadian quickly gave it to Bradley, who lofted a pass over the defence to Gilberto. The day offered thin gruel for D.C. United (0-2-0), which has yet to score this season after being beaten 3-0 by the Columbus Crew in its season opener two weeks ago. "I dont think D.C. broke us down very often at all," said Nelsen. "And you look at our chances we had to score." Defoes three goals in two games would have tied him for third overall in Toronto FC scoring over the entire 2013 season. After a brutal winter that included one last snowfall overnight, the ravaged grass at BMO Field made for a choppy game. It might as well have been played on a cowpatch. "The field was not conducive to playing any sport of football," Nelsen said by way of understatement. "But thats no fault of the groundskeeper," he added with a smile. "I blame God for that at the moment for the winter hes given Toronto." In addition to having a predator up front, Toronto is also looking a lot harder this season. Caldwell has added to the spine of the club since his arrival last season but the presence of Bradley has helped. The American literally ran over referee Silviu Petrescu in the first half, knocking the official down as he steamed towards the visitors penalty box. And he kept playing after a nasty clash of heads in the second half knocked Davy Arnaud out of the game. The shaven-headed Bradley, who returned to the fray with a bandage, was sporting an ugly array of staples to close the head wound after the game. "You can see now theres a bit of hardness to us, to tell you the truth," said Nelsen, who was tough as nails himself as a player. "That, no disrespect to the past, I dont think weve had." D.C. United coach Ben Olsen, while noting both teams had to play on the surface, called the pitch "as bad as Ive ever seen in the MLS." Be it artificial turf (last week in Seattle) or just bad turf, Toronto is winning. Just two games into the 2014 schedule, TFC has already one-third of the victories it collected last season when the team went 6-17-11. Torontos previous best opening was a 1-0-1 start in 2009. In 2012, it took the team 14 games to record two victories. Nelsens team will no doubt face a stiffer test next weekend at Real Salt Lake (1-0-2). While the overnight snowfall had dissipated by kickoff, fans had to contend with a partial shutdown of the subway system as well as an AHL game and the National Home Show on the Exhibition grounds Saturday. The crowd was announced as a sellout, but there were some empty seats. Defoe called the atmosphere "unbelievable." "From Minute One, the stadium was rocking." It was two degrees at kickoff although a stiff wind did little to make it a pleasant afternoon. Neither did the pitch, which started cutting up in the first half. Torontos Brazilian midfielder Jackson received a yellow card in the 50th minute for what looked like an elbow off the ball. "It looked pretty bad," D.C. defender Bobby Boswell said. Said Nelsen: "I think the referee saw it and he gave him a yellow card. So its been dealt with, isnt it?" D.C. United was the worst team in the league last season at 3-24-7 but made wholesale changes during the off-season. "Its a loss but I think when I look back, I think we will see that we really took some steps forward." said Olsen. Ryan Anderson Jersey . Bjoerndalen, who had failed to win any major race for two years before Sochi, writes in a Facebook entry that he is "full of energy and inspiration" after winning the 10-kilometre sprint and mixed relay at last months Olympics. Mason Foster Jersey .C. -- The Bobcats announced theyve signed centre Justin Hamilton to a 10-day contract. http://www.theredskinsshoponline.com/Youth-Clinton-Portis-Redskins-Jersey/ . -- Brendan Leipsic had two goals and an assist and Nicolas Petan extended his point streak to 11 games as the Portland Winterhawks slipped past the Red Deer Rebels 5-4 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action.VANCOUVER - Filip Forsberg is at the centre of early conversations about rookie of the year candidates — and Sunday night he showed why.The 20-year-old Swede scored twice and added an assist as the Nashville Predators beat the Vancouver Canucks 3-1 at Rogers Arena.Forsberg now leads all NHL rookies with 11 points in 11 games for Nashville and his go-ahead goal in the third period — his second of the night — displayed just how quickly hes adapting to the pro game.And as for all that rookie of the year discussion, Forsberg is politely shrugging it off.Its nothing I really pay attention to. Its more you guys (media) reminding me of it, said Forsberg. If I can contribute to the team in the points department I am more than happy to do that.Forsbergs winner came when James Neal powered his way in for a shot, then fanned on it, before Forsberg skated in behind Neal and lifted the puck past Lack to make it 2-1 at 6:42 into the third.Hes getting better every night, said Neal. I was in the same position he was, so its fun to help him and hes been good. He had a great night tonight. He shoots the puck well and hes just going to keep getting better.Colin Wilson also scored and goalie Pekka Rinne made 26 saves for the Predators (7-2-2), who won for the second time three games into their six-game road swing.Defenceman Alex Edler scored the only goal for the Canucks (8-4-0), who had a four-game win streak snapped before heading out for a tough away trip through California and Colorado.Eddie Lack, making his first start since getting hammered for seven goals at Colorado on Oct. 24, finished the evening with 30 saves. Ryan Miller had the night off after backstopping his team to a 3-2 win at Edmonton the night before.Lack is still searching for his first win of the season after three starts. He played much better than his last outing and says he just has to stay positive.Somehow the puck keeps finding a way in and I keep finding ways to lose the games, said a dejected Lack. I feel like I have to keep working and staying positive. Its tough right now for sure.It was midway through the first when the Canucks opened the scoring while on a power play. Defenceman Luca Sbisa levelled Preds winger Tayor Beck against the boards, earning the ire of captain Shea Weber, who dropped his gloves and went after Sbisa.It was only 24 seconds into the roughing penalty to Weber when Edler blasted one from the point that snuck thrrough traffic to beat Rinne at 11:10. Terrelle Pryor Jersey. anucks defenceman Kevin Bieksa, who doesnt wear a visor, left the game shortly after when he took a puck in the eye behind the Nashville net. He did not return and the Canucks were forced to play down a D-man.Canucks head coach Willie Desjardins didnt give an update on Bieksa after the game, but the defenceman was seen leaving Rogers Arena with a doctor.Lack looked sharp for Vancouver midway through the opening frame when he made a great pad save on a Mike Ribeiro rocket from the slot. He finished the period with 11 saves.He played real good, said Desjardins about Lack. He made some real good saves in the first and a couple real big saves. He was good enough. He would probably like the third one back, but he played well and gave us the chance we needed.With the Canucks serving a penalty for too many men on the ice early in the second, the Preds were given a gift to tie the game. Vancouver defenceman Dan Hamhuis tipped a Forsberg shot into his own net with surprising accuracy to make it 1-1.Its just the way the winds blows right now, said Lack. Getting a lot of bounces off the wrong guys. I just have to keep staying positive here and keep battling. The first win is going to come.Minutes after Nashvilles goal the casualties piled up for Vancouver as Canucks winger Tom Sestito was helped off to the locker-room with a lower-body injury and he did not return.The Canucks came out with more energy in the third, firing more pucks at the Finnish goalie in the first three minutes than all of the second period combined.However, it was Nashville that would jump ahead with Forsbergs second before Wilson added some insurance with under two minutes to play with a snipe that went top shelf over Lacks shoulder.They have a deep lineup with a lot of threats on different lines, said Canucks captain Henrik Sedin. You have to be focused every time youre on the ice.Notes: The Canucks are hitting the road for a four-game road trip, starting Tuesday in Denver followed by three stops in California. ... Nashvilles next stop on its current six-game road swing is Tuesday at Winnipeg. ... Sunday was the first of three meetings between the Canucks and the Preds. The next two are both in Nashville, Jan. 13 and Mar. 31. ... Prized Canucks prospect Bo Horvat was recalled on Sunday from Utica (AHL), but did not play and is likely to make his NHL debut on Tuesday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: