Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

New York signed minor leaguer Jose Pirela to a major league

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Samen vliegen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
wangshi

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-11-2017 09:49:06    Onderwerp: New York signed minor leaguer Jose Pirela to a major league Reageren met citaat

VANCOUVER - Andy OBrien sat out seven straight games because of injury and coaching decisions earlier this season for the Vancouver Whitecaps. Achraf Hakimi Jersey .Fellow defender Kendall Waston wasnt even a member of the Major League Soccer club until August.What a difference a couple of months has made for both players.OBrien and Waston form an unlikely partnership in the centre of defence for the Whitecaps, who are riding a four-game shutout streak heading into Wednesdays winner-take-all first-round playoff matchup against FC Dallas.Like most great pairs, they differ in many ways.The 35-year-old OBrien is a no-nonsense veteran of 300 games in the English Premier League, while the 26-year-old Waston was a relative unknown in these parts until arriving in Vancouver from a club in his native Costa Rica.Theyre two opposites, said fellow defender Jordan Harvey. Kendalls that aggressive one and Andys that calming influence. Andys the communication guy in the back and really keeps that backline solid, and Kendall really raises the level of intensity and gets guys up for it.OBrien said things have worked with Waston largely because of how well they compliment each other on the pitch.I think hes playing very well. I suppose Im just Steady Eddy and thats how Ive played my career, said the former Irish international. Kendalls aggressive, very dominant, on the front foot. I think when you play with somebody and you know what theyre going to do, its easy to adjust around that player.In terms of what youd expect from a big centre back, he does what it says on the tin.It often takes time for new teammates to jell and Whitecaps head coach Carl Robinson said before the team left for Dallas on Monday hes surprised how quickly OBrien and Waston have meshed together.Kendall coming in has obviously been a massive hit for the club and for himself, but hes settled in off the field as well. They boys have welcomed him in, said Robinson. Him and Andy have been fantastic over the last couple of weeks.Waston scored the goal that clinched Vancouvers second playoff berth in three years on Saturday, flinging himself at a corner kick and powering the ball over the line in a dramatic 1-0 victory over the Colorado Rapids in the regular-season finale.Waston always has a smile on his face — at least off the field — and said he used to watch MLS games on television back home.Now hes in the middle of the action for a squad that went an impressive 4-0-1 over its final five games just to qualify for the post-season.Its very good that I could come here because this is one of my dreams coming true, said Waston. I try to enjoy it every day.He added that hes learned a lot from OBrien in their short time together with the Whitecaps.Andy OBrien is a guy I want to copy a lot of things from because hes very professional, said Waston. The success hes had in life is because of that.I have a good relationship with him.Whitecaps goalkeeper David Ousted has had an outstanding season for Vancouver with an MLS-leading 13 shutouts. But hes quick to share the credit with the rest of his team, including the two players who line up right in front of him.I think theyve been fantastic, said Ousted. Youve seen Kendall, the things hes done just scoring goals and being strong defensively, and Andy has been rock solid the whole season.Robinson said over the weekend he initially thought Waston would be a good addition for the 2015 campaign, but former captain Jay DeMerits injury and subsequent retirement forced his hand. OBrien, meanwhile, got hurt and then fell out of favour in mid-season before battling back to regain his spot ahead of Carlyle Mitchell and Johnny Leveron.Age is just a number and I think you need to judged by what you do on the pitch, said OBrien, who started 11 of Vancouvers 13 clean sheets. Statistically Im happy with the games that Ive played, the results that weve had.The defence faces a tough test against Dallas, and OBrien, Waston and Harvey will be without usual right back Steven Beitashour, who limped off with a hamstring injury against Colorado.Robinson could opt to go with 19-year-old Sam Adekugbe — who was subbed on in the first half against the Rapids — or 20-year-old Ethen Sampson to fill the void.The Whitecaps have struggled to score for long stretches this season — they went the equivalent of five straight games without a goal at one point — but the defence has been resolute the last month and was the main factor into the Western Conferences top-5.We can talk about that wed like to score more goals, but its imperative that you keep a strong backline, said OBrien. I think collectively as a team weve done that very well.Notes: The winner of the Dallas-Vancouver one-game playoff will meet the Seattle Sounders in a two-leg semfinal. ... After Vancouver clinched its playoff spot Saturday night, the players were back on the practice field at 11 a.m. Sunday morning.Follow @JClipperton_CP on Twitter Ruben Yanez Jersey . With the Pirates in the thick of the race in the NL Central, the timing couldnt be better. Liriano struck out a season-high 11 in seven innings to win consecutive starts for the first time this season and Pittsburgh beat the San Francisco Giants 3-1 on Tuesday night. Jesus Vallejo Jersey . Sharper briefly appeared in Los Angeles Superior Court, where his arraignment was postponed until Feb. 20 at the request of his lawyers. They issued a statement saying he would be exonerated. Prosecutors then filed a motion to increase Sharpers bail to $10 million and outlined details of investigations involving him in Las Vegas, Tempe, Ariz. http://www.realmadridfcprohop.us/Borja-Mayoral-Real-Madrid-Jersey/ .ca. Mr. Fraser, It looks like Martin Brodeur is coming back to play for the Blues. I was wondering if you have any great stories or fond memories of your time on the ice with Brodeur - in the NHL, or maybe even the Olympics. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- New York Yankees infielder-outfielder Martin Prado has had an appendectomy and will miss the rest of the season. The team announced that Prado had the surgery early Tuesday. He was placed on the 60-day disabled list. The Yankees are in Florida for a three-game series against Tampa Bay that ends Wednesday night. Prado has been a solid performeer for the Yankees, posting a . Danilo Jersey. 16 batting average with seven homers and 16 RBIs in 37 games since being obtained from Arizona on July 31. New York signed minor leaguer Jose Pirela to a major league contract and added him to the active roster. If he plays, he would be the team-record 57th player to appear for the Yankees, one more than in 2013. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Samen vliegen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: