Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Nando is a name worth remembering.

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegveld EBHN
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
wangshi

BerichtGeplaatst: 08-12-2017 04:31:43    Onderwerp: Nando is a name worth remembering. Reageren met citaat

ST. James Harden USA Jersey . LOUIS -- Stars forward Rich Peverley remained hospitalized Tuesday in Dallas, undergoing heart tests after collapsing on the bench during a game that was postponed. His teammates? They are trying to deal with what they saw. After an eerily quiet flight and sleepless nights all around, the Stars were back on the ice for a morning skate in St. Louis, relieved that Peverleys irregular heart condition had stabilized but clearly shaken by an event that puts their playoff push in perspective. Even if the NHL hadnt postponed the game Monday night in Dallas with the Blue Jackets leading 1-0 early in the first period, linemate Tyler Seguin was done for the night. Hed come off the ice just ahead of Peverley and was right there when Peverley lost consciousness during what the team called a "cardiac event." "I went in the room and took my stuff off right away," Seguin said, his voice catching a bit. "I was right beside him when it was all happening." Forward Vernon Fiddler was with Nashville when the Red Wings Jiri Fischer collapsed on the Detroit bench in 2005, also from a heart problem. "You dont expect that ever to happen," Fiddler said. "Ive been unfortunate to be part of both of those." Fiddler was among four Stars players made available after the morning skate, a veteran hoping to help the kids cope. "Its pretty emotional when you see your teammate collapse like that," Fiddler said. "We have some young guys on the team and its a lot more difficult for them because they havent been through things the older guys have been through. Youve got to help them through that." For one Stars teammate, Alex Chiasson, it was too much. The team said he had joined Peverley in a Dallas hospital for observation because he was so distraught. "Yeah, yeah, he wasnt doing good," coach Lindy Ruff said. "A lot of anxiety associated with what happened last night." The Blues also had emotions to sort out. Coach Ken Hitchcock was watching on TV and remembered "the silence was deafening." Hitchcock rewound his DVR and then froze the screen trying to detect who was in peril on the Stars bench, then waited nervously for an update. "Lindy saying hes OK, hes asking about Can he play? again, I think calmed everybody down," Hitchcock said. "But there was no way you could play the game. The look on the players faces on both sides, there was no way you could play the game." Blues forward Brenden Morrow has vivid memories of Buffalos Richard Zednik getting his throat slashed by the skate of a tumbling teammate in 2008. Morrow roomed with Zednik in juniors and the two were close friends. "Those are scary things," Morrow said. "I dont even know where to begin with what theyre thinking in that locker room." The 31-year-old Peverley, who averaged 16 minutes of ice time in all six games of the Stanley Cup last season with Boston, was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat in training camp and underwent a procedure that sidelined him through the first regular season game. He had played in 60 consecutive games before sitting out at Columbus last week due to effects of his heart condition, but Mondays game was his third straight since then. "Hes always taken the precautions, hes a very focused, organized guy, you can say," said Seguin, who won a Stanley Cup with Peverley in Boston. "Sometimes bad things happen to good people." A doctor who specializes in the study of athletes and heart conditions questioned whether Peverley should have been playing, while taking care not to criticize those handling his medical needs. "Its a symptomatic athlete," said Dr. Barry Maron of the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation. "Thats the key. A symptomatic athlete with known heart disease whos out there. That would not seem to be optimal." Ruff said there were no previous concerns about Peverley and praised team doctors for doing "a fabulous job monitoring the situation." Before the morning skate, Ruff emphasized the positive medical report. "Hes doing good, hes stable and hes in good spirits," he said. "A few guys whove interacted say hes got his sense of humour back already." General manager Jim Nill said Peverley was undergoing tests to find the "cause of the event and a long-term solution." The condition places Peverelys career in jeopardy and its likely he wont be back this season. Ruff, asked whether there was a prognosis for Peverleys return, replied: "No, no, nothing." This adds poignancy to Peverleys request, upon being revived, to get back out there. Every NHL season is filled with tales of players heading to the dressing room for repairs, getting stitched up, then rejoining the action seemingly no worse for wear. "Athletes in general, hockey players in general are kind of weird that way," Stars wing Ray Whitney said. "Youll play through injuries. Im not sure about playing through a heart injury. Thats a little bit aggressive in my opinion, but thats Rich." The Stars recalled forward Colton Sceviour and Chris Mueller from their Texas AHL affiliate and Ruff said both would be in the lineup against the Blues. "Were still in a big playoff race," centre Jamie Benn said. "I guess well be playing for Rich tonight." Kevin Durant USA Jersey . Perhaps their first trip to the city of Winnipeg in 16 years can serve as the shakeup they need. Carmelo Anthony Team USA Jersey . - Justin Turner is at his best with runners in scoring position, and he delivered again in a big spot for the Los Angeles Dodgers. http://www.teamusaolympicsshop.us/Olympics-Scottie-Pippen-Usa-Jersey/ . Thornton emerged as one of the leagues best defensive ends against the run in 2013. The former undrafted free agent from Division II Southern Arkansas led Philadelphias linemen with 78 tackles and had one sack.TORONTO - For over a month Nando De Colo was Torontos forgotten man, an afterthought at the bottom of a playoff-bound roster, a masked phantom lurking on the end of the Raptors bench. Who was he and why was he brought here? As the visitors locker room cleared out after Saturdays win in Milwaukee, a reporter approached De Colo, who was suddenly making an impact in an expanded role for his new, undermanned club. Curious about the origins of his first name, which isnt a traditional French moniker, said reporter asked the Raptors guard where it came from. "It came from my parents," he replied, straight-faced, flaunting a quick wit we didnt know he had. Up until last week we didnt know much about him at all. The acquisition of De Colo, trickling in minutes after the trade deadline passed, went under the radar. A player from the end of one bench exchanged for a player on the end of another. Masai Ujiri opted to hold onto Kyle Lowry and keep the band together, that was the headline. Austin Daye for De Colo was a footnote. Now, six weeks later, the move is owed some belated acknowledgement. Ujiri was familiar with De Colo having seen him play overseas and with the Spurs. He knew what he was getting. Dwane Casey was less acquainted with the second-year combo guard but was equally as intrigued by his intangibles and has been looking for a way to find him more playing time. With Lowry resting a sore knee, Casey has been provided that opportunity and De Colo, to his credit, is taking advantage of it. "Its what I was expecting and what we needed and wanted, as far as another ball handler," Casey told TSN.ca. "That was the main thing we saw. We needed another guy that can handle the ball, to create, to be a passer, a facilitator, a transporter of the ball, to get it across the court. "Hes done that." In extended minutes, backing up and playing alongside temporary starter Greivis Vasquez, De Colo has been a sparkplug coming in off the bench to begin the month of April. Over the last two games hes tallied 11 assists to just three turnovers in 42 minutes of action. After easing into his new surroundings, De Colo no longer appears reluctant to let it fly. Hes shooting and scoring with confidence, something he lacked upon arriving in Toronto, playing sporadically last month. "Hes still learning our system," said Casey, "still getting comfortable and the more he gets comfortable the more hes going to knock down shots. I think were seeing that now." The easy explanation for his confidence boost is the increased playing time that has come as a result of Lowrys injury. Clyde Drexler Team USA Jersey. "Im finding a rhythm," said De Colo, who has attempted 16 shots over the last three games, the same number he hoisted in his first 14 contests with the Raptors. "Im in shape after adjusting to find a rhythm of the game with a new team. Now I just try to play my game, try to be aggressive like everybody wants on the team and since then Ive been good." Since arriving from the Spurs, De Colo has been touted for his basketball intellect and decision-making ability. Teammates and coaches have cited his time playing for the venerable Gregg Popovich with a world-class organization in San Antonio, as well as his experience overseas - where he competed professionally from the age of 19 - and with the French national team. In a year and a half with the Spurs he was sent back and forth from the NBA Development League an astonishing total of nine times, a product of the close proximity between San Antonio and its D-League affiliate in Austin. More so than the path hes traveled to get here, De Colo credits his approach. "I think its something Ive always had in my game," he said. "I try to see what happens and make good decisions. I know I can pass the ball. I must be aggressive on this kind of team and I have to take the open shot." Casey has entrusted De Colo to run his offence, immediately vaulting him over the young Julyan Stone and Dwight Buycks in Torontos backcourt rotation. When Lowry makes his return - hes expected to be cleared this week - the Raptors head coach has a decision to make. Can he afford to juggle minutes for three point guards going into the playoffs or does De Colo go back to the end of the bench? Although Casey has been most impressed with him as the primary ball handler, its conceivable that the Raptors could feature more two point guard lineups in the postseason, when the defence is likely to apply more pressure on Lowry. Of equal importance, the Raptors need to find out what they have in De Colo, a free agent at the end of the season. If Lowry is retained this summer and Vasquez - a restricted free agent - proves too expensive, De Colo may make more sense as an affordable backup, assuming he continues to impress. All of a sudden, De Colo has become more than late-season bench fodder. The Raptors under-the-radar deadline acquisition has helped keep them afloat in the absence of their most important player and could continue paying out come playoff time, and beyond. Nando is a name worth remembering. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegveld EBHN Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: