Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Thats where the real playoff push begins.

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Naar waar vloog jij?
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
wangshi

BerichtGeplaatst: 16-12-2017 04:08:27    Onderwerp: Thats where the real playoff push begins. Reageren met citaat

Jenson Button is open to staying in Formula 1 until 2018 but insists he will only extend his career if he has a car which is capable of challenging for race victories. Kevin Love Jersey . Button is in his 16th year in the sport but has told Sky Sports that it is time to start thinking about his future yet again, with his McLaren contract expiring at the end of this season.Stoffel Vandoorne is primed to replace the Brit if the Woking team decline to offer him a new deal, while Williams are interested in offering the 2009 world champion an F1 lifeline. There is no sportsman who would want to continue in a sport if he couldnt challenge, or he didnt have a new project that he felt could help him get a victory in the future, Button told Sky Sports News HQs Craig Slater. Jenson Button speaks to Craig Slater ahead of the British Grand Prix Its obviously getting to the point now where I need to start thinking about my future, which is a shame because its only July, but it seems that people are impatient and want to know as soon as possible.If I feel I can be in Formula 1 and be in a competitive car and be close to podiums or fight for podiums, thats exciting. Then, if I feel that with my input I can possibly be in Formula 1 the following year, and then have a chance of winning - then yes, of course I want to be here.When is the British GP on Sky?But Button is adamant he will not remain in F1 simply for the sake of extending his career.If I dont see results around the corner, I dont want to be racing because the loves gone, because I cant fight for those positions - and thats what Im here to do - so Ill go and do something else. Im 36, Ive got my whole life ahead of me, which is really exciting. There are so many other things in motor racing, in other sports... theres so much I want to do in life. So I only want to be racing next year if I feel Im in a competitive car.Personally, I will always give it my all when I race a Formula 1 car. Im not a driver who drivers half-heartedly. It has to be all or nothing and thats what I want next year. Stoffel Vandoorne feels he and Jenson Button are fighting for the same drive at McLaren next season Button has endured a painful decline in his results over the past few years, largely due to McLarens slump in form. He last stepped onto the podium when he won the season-ending Brazilian GP in 2012 - a streak which now stretches to 66 races.I dont want to be racing if Im just making up the numbers, he explained to Sky F1. To be fair, last year felt like that, but it was part of a project. It was an exciting project and its still moving forward.But I dont want to be outside of a podium finish next year. If Im racing next year, I want to be fighting for podiums and if this team [McLaren] gives me that opportunity, Ill obviously be here.But thats the aim, because if you can fight for podiums one year, with a bit of input and a bit of help you might be able to fight for wins the next year. Ahead of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, watch some of the best moments in F1 as British drivers win in front of their home fans While he hasnt got close to a podium finish this year, Button proved his class at the Austrian GP, finishing sixth in the Honda-powered MP4-31. He now trails team-mate Fernando Alonso by just five points in the standings.I dont want to big myself up, but Im happy with what Ive achieved this year, Button added. I have a team-mate who is regarded as one of the best drivers who ever drove an F1 car and, yes, I feel Ive done a good job this year - and loved every second of it.Were not racing at the front but youre still racing against that guy and youre still seeing improvements as you get closer to the front. That is a massive buzz. Also See: When is the British GP on Sky? QUIZ: Great British drivers Get a NOW TV weekend pass Vettel: No ego issue with Kimi Shaquille ONeal Jersey . Fabio Fognini pulled off a surprise 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 victory over two-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray to level the best-of-five quarterfinal at 2-2 before Andreas Seppi defeated James Ward 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 in the decisive match. LeBron James Jersey . While the pair of Spain internationals return, midfielder Xavi Hernandez will not be included in the squad after failing to recover from a muscle strain to his left leg. http://www.authenticcavaliersauthority.com/brad-daugherty-cavaliers-jersey-c-16/ . Adding playoff teams. Monitoring instant replay from league headquarters. Possibly creating a set of guidelines to prevent locker-room bullying.What would you think of a general manager whos had a losing record everywhere hes been? Would you forgive him for making arguably the worst trade in franchise history? Would you hire him if you had the chance? Of course you would, in a "New York" second! At least if his name was Dave Dombrowski. Let me explain. Dombrowski was hired to be the Montreal Expos GM back on July 5, 1988. At 31 he was the youngest general manager in the game. At that point in their history, the Expos had only made it to the postseason once back in the strike split 1981 campaign. The pressure was on to get back to the "promise land" and it was believed the Expos were just one ace pitcher away from getting there. Less than a year after being hired Dombrowski pulled the trigger on a five-player deal with the Seattle Mariners on May 25, 1989. He got his ace in lefty Mark Langston along with a prospect for pitchers Gene Harris, Brian Holman and some guy named Randy Johnson. You might remember him, a flame throwing lefty, a 610" tower of power who had trouble finding the strike zone. Though Langston pitched well going (12-9) the rest of the way, Montreal didnt make the playoffs and Langston signed with the Angels as a free- agent after that season. Johnson, meanwhile, blossomed into a superstar and went on to a Hall of Fame career. Making trades like that can dog a guy for the rest of his career, but Dombrowski was only getting started. In September 1991, he became general manager of the expansion Florida Marlins. By 1997, the Marlins had won their first World Series thanks in part to the open vault approach of owner Wayne Huizenga, who just as quickly ordered Dombrowski to dismantle the team after the 1997 triumph. Dombrowski was gone by the time the Marlins won their second World Series in 2003, but it was organization and the team he helped build. The Blue Jays were interested in hiring Dombrowski in 2001, but he chose the Detroit Tigers where he became club President as opposed to GM. But that didnt last very long. After the Tigers dropped their first six games in 2002, he immediately fired GM Randy Smith and manager Phil Garner and assumed the general managers title for himself. The next couple of years were rough, especially 2003 when the Tigers lost a Major League record 119 games breaking the All-time mark of the woeful 1962 New York Mets. By 2006 though, the farm system was flourishing, the right deals were made and Tigers made it to the World Series for the first time since 1984. Though they lost the Fall Classic in five games to the St. Louis Cardinals, the Tigers were back as a team that would be factor in the American League for the foreseeable future. They made it again to the World Series in 2012 under Jim Leyland but lost again, this time to the San Francisco Giants in four straight. But its not just the World Series appearances that intrigue you about Dombrowski. Its the way he constructs the "monster deal." In less than seven years, he has pulled off four career defining deals, that are arguably four of the biggest completed over that time span. It started on December 4, 2007, when he picked up Miguel Cabrera, who would become a two-time Triple Crown champ and lefty Dontrellle Willis from his old club in Florida for six prospects none of whom are with the Marlins now, though one lefty reliever Andrew Miller was dealt by the Boston Red Sox to the Baltimore Orioles at this years non- waiver trade deadline. Terrell Brandon Jersey. Two years later on December 8, 2009, he may have pulled off the biggest trade of the bunch in a three-way swap with the Arizona Diamondbacks and the New York Yankees. The haul: a former first round draft pick of the D-Backs Max Scherzer who would go on to win the Cy Young award four years later, pitcher Dan Schlereth, reliever Phil Coke and centre field prospect Austin Jackson from the Yankees. Detroit sent right hander Edwin Jackson to Arizona and centre fielder Curtis Granderson to the Yankees. The Yankees completed the swap by sending right hander Ian Kennedy to Arizona. This past off-season, Dombrowski was able to pull off a more modest one-for-one deal with the Texas Rangers. This one allowed the Tigers to send the onerous contract of Prince Fielder to the Rangers for second baseman and top of the order hitter Ian Kinsler. Dombrowski had no way of knowing Fielder would break down and require neck surgery that would knock him out for basically all of the 2014 season, but it turned this deal into a steal. That leads as to this years non-waiver trade deadline. After Oaklands Billy Beane had acquired ace lefty Jon Lester from Boston along with Jonny Gomes, for slugging outfielder Yoenis Cespedes, Dombrowski played his trump card and picked up former Cy Young winning lefty David Price from the Tampa Bay Rays in a three-way swap with the Rays and the Seattle Mariners. The price tag, no pun intended wasnt nearly as steep as you might have expected. Seattle got centre fielder Austin Jackson from Detroit. The Rays wound up with Tigers lefty Drew Smyly, Mariners middle infielder Nick Franklin and a prospect. You could argue Dombrowski won all four of those blockbuster deals. As mentioned off the top, Dombrowski has had a losing record with each team he has been the GM of, though there were extenuating cash flow problems at times in Montreal and Florida. His career record as a general manager is a meager 905-975 with about eight weeks to go in the 2014 season. But who would argue that he hasnt put together a Hall of Fame resume and maybe this will be the year he joins the elite group of general managers whove won World Series in both leagues. *** Interesting stat in the Buffalo News this week; the Bisons have made 194 roster moves this season, and that was before the Blue Jays called up reliever Chad Jenkins this week. That is a modern franchise record. The Bisons are in an all-out playoff push and last made the post season in 2005. This will give you an idea of how important that 21-9 month was to the Blue Jays. They are only (27-26) since June 1st. Still the Jays are holding down that second Wild Card slot and are just a 1.5 game back of first place Baltimore in the AL-East. The upcoming home stand starting Tuesday night against Baltimore and continuing through next week versus Detroit is the most important August stand in two decades. Thats where the real playoff push begins. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Naar waar vloog jij? Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: