Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Official MLB Face Masks Online Store - Oakland Athletics

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met de Cheetah
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
BessLineberger

BerichtGeplaatst: 28-11-2020 08:55:24    Onderwerp: Official MLB Face Masks Online Store - Oakland Athletics Reageren met citaat

Giancarlo Stanton's mask not a first

Stanton is, to Uni Watch's knowledge, the first MLB player to have a personalized element on his mask. But he's far from the first to wear a face-guard attachment on his helmet, and he's not even the first to wear a football-style mask. With that in mind, let's take a trip down memory lane and revisit a few of the ballplayers who've commingled the gridiron and the diamond by putting football-style face masks on their batting helmets:

Dave Parker, Pirates, 1978: Any discussion of specialized baseball headgear has to begin with the Cobra. After fracturing his jaw and cheekbone in a home plate collision with Mets catcher John Stearns on May 30, 1978, he returned to the lineup a few weeks later and quickly cycled through a series of bizarre-looking attempts to protect his injured face:

Gary Roenicke, Orioles, 1980: After being hit in the face by a pitch, Roenicke wore a partial two-bar football mask similar to Valentine's, only Roenicke's wrapped around a bit more of his face and was painted black, to match the Orioles' color scheme.

Otis Nixon, Twins, 1998: Nixon played for 10 teams over 17 years, including a one-season stopover in Minnesota, where he wore an unusual mask that was sort of football-based, but there was more to it than that. He is, to Uni Watch's knowledge, the last MLB player to wear anything approaching a football-style mask on the field.

Most other players who've added extra facial protection to their helmets have worn the basic (and rather boring-looking) plastic attachments we're now used to seeing. A partial list of such players includes Marlon Byrd, Mike Devereaux, Chase Headley, Jason Heyward, David Justice, Terrence Long, Kevin Seitzer and Terry Steinbach, among many others.

Giants face coverings for a good cause

Hopefully by now you’ve started wearing a face covering whenever you leave the house, whether it’s store bought, homemade, or makeshift. Face coverings are a necessity when it comes to responsibly leaving the house during the coronavirus pandemic, as they can help protect not only you, but all the people you come close to.

And if you’re looking for some ways to rep the Giants, well, have we got something for you. Face coverings that do three important things:
Cover your face.
Support charitable organizations, as all of the proceeds go to charities.
Rep the Giants.

Check them out, and, most importantly, please wear a face covering when you leave the house, whether it has a Giants logo, a Los Angeles Dodgers logo, or a graphic of a manatee eating a Dodger dog while Tommy Lasorda watches.Minnesota Twins Face Masks

Shoulder's OK! Belli goes deep in Game 1

Bellinger entered the game 5-for-44 (.114) in 12 career World Series games. The blast marked his second World Series big fly and was his fourth homer of this postseason, tying him for the third-most homers by a Dodgers player in a single postseason, behind teammate and NLCS MVP Corey Seager in 2020 (six) and Davey Lopes in 1978 (five).

Including his NLCS-clinching homer in Game 7 on Sunday, the 25-year-old has gone deep in successive games. Bill Madlock is the only player in Dodgers history to homer in three straight playoff games, having done so in the 1985 NLCS.

"It was one of those where it's the first time I challenged it, and I closed to the wall, I dropped it, and then my shoulder hit the wall,” Bellinger said. “And then, I was, 'OK. I'm fine.' Mookie and [Chris Taylor] are like, 'All right, listen. Now you know. You're going to come up with a catch later in the game.’

Still not feeling good enough to take his chances with another elbow bump, though. The foot tap is funnier, anyway.

“I think I'll continue to do that,” Bellinger said. “Maybe my whole career -- who knows?”

MLB, Fanatics to manufacture masks and gowns using jersey material

Major League Baseball (MLB) and Fanatics are partnering to manufacture hospital gowns and protective masks with the same fabric used to produce jerseys to bolster the supply needed to fight the coronavirus, the two businesses announced Thursday.

Fanatics, the company that makes MLB jerseys, is converting its manufacturing center in Easton, Pa., to a production center for the personal protective gear hospital workers have been clamoring for as the virus spreads. MLB and Fanatics will cover all costs associated with the endeavor, they said.

“We hope this effort can play a part in coming together as a community to help us through this challenging situation,” MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement.

Fanatics will produce up to 1 million masks and gowns and distribute them throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York, the latter of which has been the epicenter of the outbreak in the U.S.

The company is making its first batch of masks and gowns using materials typically used to make jerseys for the Philadelphia Phillies and New York Yankees. Other team jersey materials will be featured as production expands.New York Yankees Face Masks

On Wednesday, one day after the NFL announced the changes, the 49ers shut down their facility due to COVID-19 test results. For now, they are still set to host the Packers on Thursday Night Football.Oakland Athletics Face Masks
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met de Cheetah Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: