Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Official MLB Face Masks Online Store - Kansas City Royals

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vragen over tech-stuff
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
BessLineberger

BerichtGeplaatst: 28-12-2020 03:33:01    Onderwerp: Official MLB Face Masks Online Store - Kansas City Royals Reageren met citaat

MLB tightening virus protocols, including masks in dugouts

NEW YORK — Major League Baseball is cracking down on coronavirus safety protocols, mandating that players and staff wear face coverings at all times, including in the dugouts and bullpens, except for players on the field of play.

The league sent a memo to teams Wednesday outlining changes to its 2020 operations manual after outbreaks on the Miami Marlins and St. Louis Cardinals led to 21 postponements in the first two weeks of a shortened 60-game season.

The memo, obtained by The Associated Press on Wednesday night, says that repeated or flagrant violators of the protocols could be banned from participating in the 2020 season and postseason.

That includes those who don’t wear face coverings while watching from the dugout. Although such measures were suggested in MLB’s operations manual before Wednesday, some players have continued to not wear face masks, offer high fives, spit and violate the protocols in other ways during games.

Umpires are also being instructed to wear face masks at all times, except when it would make it unfeasible for them to do their jobs.

Allen’s son says his father holds no grudges. Before retiring his number, the Phillies had inducted Allen into their Wall of Fame, and he has worked for the club in various roles for several years. His reputation, however, never fully recovered. In 1994, nearly two decades after Allen had played his final game, famed baseball writer and statistician Bill James wrote that Allen “did more to keep his teams from winning than anyone else who ever played Major League Baseball. And if that’s a Hall of Famer, I’m a lug nut.”

“It was (and is) incredibly difficult, which is why it has been decades in the making,” said Ashville, describing the process of putting together the Negro Leagues statistical history. “There were no Black equivalents of The Sporting News or the annual Reach or Spalding Guides. The best sources are the Black weekly newspapers, but as weeklies the space they could give to sports was limited (usually two or possibly three pages a week). It’s possible to find box scores in mainstream daily papers, but they can be quite inconsistent. Also, a lot of Negro league baseball was played in smaller towns and cities across the country, and it can be difficult to track a team through a barnstorming trip and chase down all the newspaper stories and box scores.”

The chase has not ended, but certainly it has reached a climax with recognition from MLB. Asked how that felt, Ashville said, “It is by turns surreal, exciting, and daunting. In personal terms it is quite strange to have what has been a private obsession (albeit one shared with a community of researchers, players’ family members, and so forth) become so public so quickly. . .More importantly than any of that, I am just glad to have played a small part in helping these players and teams gain the recognition they earned many times over and so clearly deserve.”Cleveland Indians Face Masks

Doolittle: This is personal and speaks to the fact that I'm a walking bag of personality disorders. You've heard the term "fanboy," right? Whatever the opposite of that term is, that's me. If I encounter someone whom I don't know but hold in high esteem, I cannot bring myself to acknowledge that person, no matter what he or she has meant to me as a person, a writer, a baseball journalist, whatever. I have never once in my life asked a person for an autograph. I'm not proud of this.

After Wednesday's practice, the Rockets remained uncertain about when Harden would be cleared to practice because they were awaiting word from the NBA about the COVID-19 protocols following the superstar's holdout from training camp.Atlanta Braves Face Masks

Slugger Bryce Harper is the team's highest-paid player after signing a 13-year, $330 million deal before the 2019 season. Wheeler is a one year into the five-year, $118 million deal he signed with the Phillies last winter, as Philadelphia looked to progress beyond a frustrating 81-81 season in 2019.Colorado Rockies Face Masks

"Since 2018, Chris has brought a valued perspective to a number of important issues, and he has been an outstanding friend and colleague to countless people at the commissioner's office," Commissioner Rob Manfred said. "The Rangers know they are getting an exceptional person."Kansas City Royals Face Masks
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vragen over tech-stuff Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: