Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Manager Walt Weiss said that will be the final hurdle for th

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met...
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
lw789

BerichtGeplaatst: 19-12-2016 07:53:18    Onderwerp: Manager Walt Weiss said that will be the final hurdle for th Reageren met citaat

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Athletics right-hander A.J. Griffin is scheduled to have elbow surgery Wednesday, and will miss the entire season with fellow third-year starter Jarrod Parker. "We were hoping that wasnt going to be the case," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said before Tuesdays game in Texas. "Losing two guys like that for the entire season is a difficult blow. Ones a blow, two is tough. You move on, but you certainly have a lot of sympathy for the two guys that are having to go through that, because theyve meant so much to this team over the last couple of years." Parker, who had been expected to be Oaklands opening day starter, had Tommy John surgery on his right elbow during spring training. Griffin will have the surgery after getting a second opinion Tuesday from Dr. Thomas Mehlhoff in Houston. Melvin said he didnt know the specifics of the surgery Griffin will have or how extensive it would be. He had spoken only briefly to Griffin. "Hes always pretty happy-go-lucky, in good spirits," Melvin said. "I think the fact that hes having it done this early gives him a light at the end of the tunnel to pitch next season. The longer that goes on, the more difficult it is to come back and get semi-close to a full season. Hes looking at it very positively." Parker and Griffin combined for 26 victories last season. Griffin was 14-10 with a 3.83 ERA last season after making his major league debut in 2012 going 7-1 with a 3.06 ERA in 15 starts for the As. Parker went 13-8 in 2012, and was 12-8 last season. Ted Hendricks Raiders Jersey . The Calgary skip fell 10-8 to Swedens Oskar Eriksson in semifinal action Saturday and will face Switzerlands Peter de Cruz for the bronze medal (Saturday at 10pm et/7pm pt on TSN2). Jerry Rice Jersey . Chelsea took until the second half to trouble the leagues bottom team, but Schuerrle then ripped through the defence with ease at Craven Cottage to keep Jose Mourinhos side on track for the title. http://www.proraidersauthentic.com/authentic-lester-hayes-raiders-jersey/. -- LeGarrette Blount made one last big splash into a soggy end zone. Lester Hayes Jersey . The group of Slava Fetisov, Igor Larionov, Vladimir Konstantinov, Sergei Fedorov, & Slava Kozlov were a dominant force for The Wings at one point in the 90s. Michael Crabtree Jersey . Nix is a career .218 hitter in 425 games over six seasons. The 31-year-old right-handed hitter batted .270 with a homer this spring for Tampa Bay.DENVER -- The Chicago Cubs future looks bright even if their present is a little disappointing. Rookie Javier Baez hit two more homers and drove in four runs, leading Kyle Hendricks and the Cubs to a 6-2 victory over the Colorado Rockies on Thursday. The 21-year-old Baez also had an RBI single in his third major league game. The touted prospect homered in his debut Tuesday, hitting a game-deciding shot in the 12th inning on the day he was promoted from the minors. "It didnt surprise me too much," said Hendricks, who had the best outing of his short career. "Ive seen it for a couple of years and he always thrives on the big stage. Whenever we play in a big game he does well." The Cubs (49-64) closed out a six-game trip by taking two of three in the series between last-place teams. Baez led off the sixth inning with a shot down the left-field line against Yohan Flande (0-4). He hit a two-run shot off Juan Nicasio into the Colorado bullpen in right in the eighth. "I was letting the fastball get deep and he threw me a slider," Baez said of his second drive. "I hit it really good." Castro followed Baezs shot in the sixth with his 12th home run. It was the fourth time this season Chicago has hit back-to-back homers. Hendricks (3-1) pitched a career-high eight innings after the start of the game was delayed 39 minutes because of rain. The rookie right-hander has pitched into the seventh inning in four of his five career starts. "Hes a very poised young man and hes the type of kid when he prepares for the test he knows hes going to do well," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "I hope hes making believers out of a lot of people." The 24-year-old Hendricks was sharp against the Rockies, allowing just two runs and six hits. He didnt allow a runner until Charlie Blackmons leadoff single in the fourth. After Baez and Castro gave Hendricks a three-run cushion in the sixth, the Rockies scored on Corey Dickersons RBI single in the bottom half. Hendricks retired the last seven batters he faced. "I felt really good," he said. "Usually as the game goes on I get stronger and stronger." Justin&nbssp;Morneau and Wilin Rosario had two hits each for the Rockies (45-69), who have lost six of seven.dddddddddddd The Cubs took a 2-0 lead against Flande with RBI singles by Arsmendy Alcantara in the second and Baez in the third. Colorado cut the lead in half on Morneaus RBI single in the fourth. Flande is still looking for his first career win despite two solid starts against Chicago. He struck out a career-high eight in a 4-1 loss to the Cubs on July 28 and lasted six innings Thursday. "I pitched was well as I could. Something always happens to me in the late innings," Flande said. "Im disappointed." ALMOST COMPLETE Hendricks was thinking after seven innings he had a chance for his first complete game. Two batters into the eighth he knew it wasnt going to happen. "I went into the eighth at around 91 (pitches) and after I went full count on the first two hitters that kind of went out the window," he said. "I was trying to get quick outs but I was almost aiming it in there so I could go out for the ninth." TRAINERS ROOM Cubs: First baseman Anthony Rizzo was given a rare day off with the left-hander Flande on the mound. It was just the second day off for Rizzo, who is second in the NL with 25 home runs. Rockies: Shortstop Troy Tulowitzki (left hip flexor strain) has begun baseball activities and will travel to Arizona and San Diego with the team. Tulowitzki is eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list but hasnt been running at full speed. Manager Walt Weiss said that will be the final hurdle for the major league batting leader. ON DECK Cubs: Left-hander Tsuyoshi Wada (1-1, 3.32 ERA), like Hendricks on Thursday, is making his fifth career big league start when he faces Tampa Bay on Friday. He has held opponents to a .259 average in his first four starts. Rockies: Lefty Tyler Matzek (2-6, 5.31 ERA) will try to rebound from a rough outing in Detroit last weekend when he faces Arizona on Friday. Matzek is one of four Colorado starters to make his major league debut this year, and he has been impressive at times. His outing against the Tigers was the only start in which he failed to go at least five innings. China Jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: