Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

a pair of 5-3 assists while playing in short

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met...
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
lw789

BerichtGeplaatst: 21-12-2016 08:30:27    Onderwerp: a pair of 5-3 assists while playing in short Reageren met citaat

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. -- Make room, David Ortiz. Theres a mini "Big Papi" swinging a big bat for Nashville, Tenn., at the Little League World Series. With the bases loaded and fans chanting "Big Papi! Big Papi!" Trae McLemore hit a 1-1 pitch over the fence in centre to cap Nashvilles 10-2 victory over Corpus Christi, Texas, in an elimination game Saturday. McLemore, who was nicknamed in honour of Ortiz by his parents, finished with two hits and drove in six runs. And he had his mother, Brenda Gonzalez, in tears as he rounded the bases in the top of the sixth. "When I hit that grand slam, it was just energy running through my body," said the 5-foot-11, 209-pound player. "Its been one of my dreams to come and play in this tournament. Another one was to hit a home run. After that, I looked at my mom, and she was crying." Pausing, before breaking into a smile, McLemore added: "And I was like, Oh, thats awesome." Ben Pickman struck out 10 and allowed three hits over five innings for Nashville (1-1), which stayed in contention in the double-elimination tournament. The Southeast champion opened with a 3-2 loss to Westport, Conn., on Thursday. The one scare for Nashville came in the sixth inning when infielder Knox Preston fell awkwardly and hit his head while stumbling awkwardly into first base on a ground out. Preston was examined on the field, and required assistance to get to his dugout. Nashville manager Randy Ramirez said Preston was being tested for a possible concussion. It was two-and-done for Corpus Christi (0-2), which failed to get its offence on track. The Southwest champion will conclude the tournament playing Perth, Australia (0-2), in a consolation game Monday. Perth was eliminated following a 4-0 loss to San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico, earlier in the day. The one bright moment for Corpus Christi was how Jared Cruz responded after giving up the home run to McLemore. Cruz hit a one-out solo homer to centre in the bottom of the sixth to round out the scoring. And it came off McLemore, who relieved Pickman. "It just shows that these guys didnt give up," manager Randy Ramirez said. "That was a good way to show it, more so for Cruz, because he came back and hit if further." The game began as a pitching duel. Both Pickman and Corpus Christi starter Jesus Ortiz did not give up a through three innings. That changed when Pickman fouled off three consecutive pitches before hitting a single down the first base line. Christopher McElvain followed with a double to right, and McLemore drove both home with a one-out single up the middle to key a three-run inning. Nashville manager Chris Mercado credited Pickmans single for getting his offence going. Once we started hitting the ball, I feel like the other guys feel it, and feel more positive," Mercado said. "I was trying to get them fired up, get them going. And when they did, it was fun." Nashville scored three more in the fifth, and McLemores home run in the sixth rounded out the scoring. He hit the 46th grand slam in series history, and first since Yoshiki Suzuki hit one on Aug. 18, 2011, for Hamamatsu City, Japan. It was the first grand slam by an American player since Andy Rios hit one in 2009 for Chula Vista, Calif. "I call him Pops. Hes just the big daddy," Pickman said. "Everybody loves him. Hes out front, encouraging, loud. He helps fire up the team." PUERTO RICO 4, AUSTRALIA 0 Pitcher Tommylee Sierra shut out Australia for 5 2-3 innings in keeping San Lorenzo in contention in the international bracket of the tournament. Sierra fell one out short of a complete game because he reached the Little League limit of 88 pitches per game when he recorded his 10thstrikeout of the game in the top of the sixth inning. Leonardo Lizardi got the final out for Puerto Rico, which scored three times in the fourth inning to break a scoreless tie. Australia, which was making its first LLWS appearance, was eliminated from title contention. Maverick Hamilton pitched a five-inning complete game for Australia and gave up seven hits. Paul Verhaegh Netherland Jersey . Starting from pole, the 26-year-old Vettel turned in a trademark clinical performance to win the Indian Grand Prix on Sunday and join F1 greats Juan Manuel Fangio and Michael Schumacher as just the third driver to win four consecutive championships. Wesley Sneijder Netherland Jersey . LOUIS -- To stay a step ahead of goaltenders, T. http://www.jerseysshopnetherlandssoccer.com/world-cup-leroy-fer-football-jersey/. New York then missed its next six shots and scored only two points the rest of the night. The Los Angeles Clippers defence and the Knicks general ineptitude both played a role in the unsurprising finish to a meeting of two teams headed in opposite directions. Tim Krul Netherland Jersey . Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger that the team is quietly gauging interest on the Senators captain, though Spezza has a limited no-trade clause and carries a large contract. Jordy Clasie Jersey . - Doug Kalitta led Top Fuel qualifying Friday in the NHRA Nationals at Maple Grove Raceway with a 3.DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers arent just winning games this week. They are making history. One night after Rajai Davis hit Detroits first game-ending grand slam in 10 years, Rick Porcello significantly raised the bar. In a 3-0 win over Oakland, Porcello became just the fourth pitcher in franchise history to throw a shutout without walking or striking out a batter, and the first since Dizzy Trout in 1944. Porcello was slightly disappointed by his 95-pitch outing, even after learning how rare it was. "In the last couple innings, I was hoping Id get at least one strikeout," he said. "I didnt want to go out there and put up a zero. Still, with a game like this, Im certainly not going to trade it in for anything." Porcello recorded 17 groundball outs and 10 in the air while becoming the first major-leaguer to accomplish the feat since Baltimores Jeff Ballard on Aug. 21, 1989. Porcello was eight months old when Ballard did it against Milwaukee. "To be honest, it was pretty boring out there," said Torii Hunter, who didnt record an out in right field. "But that just shows you how great he was tonight. He was throwing that sinker right down the middle, and it was dropping out of the strike zone, and they were just beating it into the ground." The As got three singles and a double, and only got one runner to third base. "Our guys were swinging at strikes, but everything was moving," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. "Hes got a good sinker and a good change-up, and now hes mixing in a good breaking ball to keep you off balance. Thats just a very well-pitched game by him." Porcellos night might have been historic, but it certainly didnt come out of the blue. He pitched his first career shutout in his previous start, beating the Rangers on June 26, and pitched six shutout innings against Cleveland on June 20. "I dont want to jinx it," he joked when asked about his shutout streak. "All I know is that Im throwing the ball really well right now, Im making consistent pitches when I need them, and my defence is helping me out. Im also getting some good breaks, which every pitcher needs." Porcello (11-4) only had one career complete game before this stretch, but is now the first Tigers pitcher since Jack Morris to throw back-to-bback shutouts.dddddddddddd Morris threw three in a row in July, 1986. "Obviously, Rick is throwing the ball extremely well right now," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. "He had a great curveball and changeup tonight, and the sinker was better than that. It makes my job a lot easier when the starter has only thrown 88 pitches through eight innings." Brad Mills (1-1) took the loss for Oakland, allowing three runs on six hits and three walks in six-plus innings. The Tigers took a 1-0 lead in the fourth when Miguel Cabrera walked, took third on J.D. Martinezs double and scored on a groundout by Hunter. Oakland, in the meantime, was becoming the latest team to struggle for answers against Porcello, managing only two hits in the first six innings. Martinez, starting for the second straight night while Victor Martinez deals with soreness in his left side, made it 3-0 with a two-run homer in the sixth. After moving into the everyday lineup in early June, J.D. Martinez is hitting .376 with seven homers and 20 RBIs in 19 games. "I threw him a change, and I think he was sitting on it," Mills said. "I certainly didnt locate it where I wanted it." After that, the only suspense was if Porcello could finish off the shutout, and do it with a double-digit pitch count. He accomplished both, becoming the first Tigers pitcher to throw a shutout in under 100 pitches since Armando Galarraga in 2010. That was the game Galarraga had to face an extra hitter after first base umpire Jim Joyce blew the call on what should have been the last out in a perfect game. NOTES: Victor Martinez took batting practice before the game, and told Ausmus that he could play, but Ausmus decided to rest him for another day. ... Tigers 3B Nick Castellanos took full advantage of his position in Detroits shifted defence, picking up a pair of 5-3 assists while playing in short right field. ... Oakland C Derek Norris is getting closer to returning from a sore back, and could play in Wednesdays series finale. ... The time of the game was 2:13, meaning that a 7:08 start ended less than 10 minutes after sunset. ... As OF Yoenis Cespedes sat out after leaving Mondays game with a cramp in his hamstring, but Melvin said he will be available on Wednesday. China Jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: