Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

ith the 3-point shot which makes him a gre

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met...
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
lw789

BerichtGeplaatst: 21-12-2016 08:33:29    Onderwerp: ith the 3-point shot which makes him a gre Reageren met citaat

MIAMI -- Henderson Alvarez has pitched well against a number of teams, especially the Philadelphia Phillies. Alvarez pitched into the eighth inning to outduel Cole Hamels and the Miami Marlins beat the Philadelphia Phillies 2-0 Tuesday night. "This is the second time Ive faced him and hes gone on to pitch good games and it kind of helps me go along as well," Alvarez said. Alvarez (12-6) gave up five hits and struck out two over 7 2-3 innings to lower his ERA to 2.70. Jeff Baker and Casey McGehee had RBIs for the Marlins in the 2-hour, 20-minute contest. "When he gets into a rhythm, he gets quick outs and he was able to do that, which allowed him to stay in the game and he did exactly what we needed him to," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "We got him his two runs and we were able to hang on." Alvarez is 2-0 with a 1.52 ERA in six starts against the Phillies this season. "Id say for the most part hes given us a tough time this year," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "Hes good with his live fastball. Hes got some body action out there that has some deception to it, but Id say overall hes pitched good against us." Hamels (9-Cool allowed seven hits and two runs in seven innings. He struck out four and walked one. Alvarez issued a two-out walk to Carlos Ruiz in the top of the eighth inning, ending his night after 97 pitches as he was replaced by left-hander Mike Dunn. After Chase Utley singled, Dunn struck out Ryan Howard with runners on first and second to end the inning. Steve Cishek pitched the ninth for his 38th save in 42 chances to preserve the Marlins 16th shutout of the season. Hamels got into trouble in the fourth inning when he allowed consecutive singles to Jeff Baker, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, and Lucas -- who drove in Baker with his base hit to centre. "I thought they were good pitches too, thats what stinks," Hamels said. "They were at least the right pitches I wanted to throw at the right time, they missed by just a hair." The Marlins extended the lead to 2-0 in the fifth after Christian Yelich doubled and eventually scored on a sacrifice fly by McGehee. Only two Phillies runners advanced to scoring position against Alvarez, who calmly retired the next batter each time to end the second and fifth innings. Alvarez was just four outs away from his fourth shutout of the season. "No doubt hes had some adversity along the way, but at the end of it, hes doing a great job and logged a ton of innings and pitched some really big games for us and hes won," Redmond said. Hamels will look to reach the 200-inning plateau for the fifth consecutive season when he makes his final start of the year on Sunday against Atlanta. Alvarez plans on starting the season finale at Washington and hopes to duplicate last years performance when he tossed a no-hitter against Detroit. "Im just trying to go out and have a strong end to the season," Alvarez said. "If it ends like last year, that would be perfect." TRAINERS ROOM Marlins: CF Marcell Ozuna suffered a high ankle sprain on his right ankle during Sundays game against Washington after running into second base. "Well see how he comes in today as far as if theres even a possibility of him playing any more this season," Redmond said before the game. UP NEXT: Phillies RHP Kyle Kendrick (9-13, 4.73) will face Marlins LHP Brad Hand (3-8, 4.59) on Wednesday. Kendrick is 13-3 with a 3.57 ERA in his career against the Marlins. WINS HARD TO COME BY FOR HAMELS Hamels is on pace to establish a new career-best in ERA, but currently only has nine wins in 29 starts. "Yeah (its hard to believe), because sometimes when youre looking at guys that have (low) ERAs, most of them have 18-20 wins," Hamels said. "Its just going out there trying to plug away and work towards something the next year -- I think thats something that I can kind of control. When you start a season and make personal goals, what can you control, and ERA and innings are what you can really control." MARLINS ASSURED OF WINNING RECORD AT HOME With the win, the Marlins improved to 41-38 at home, which assured them of a winning record at Marlins Park for the first time since the stadium opened in 2012. http://www.soccerportugalnationalshop.com/Bernardo-Silva-Portugal-Jersey/ . His fellow Finn, 21 years his junior, had just arrived in Anaheim and was hoping to stick with the Ducks. http://www.soccerportugalnationalshop.com/Cedric-Portugal-Jersey/ . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. http://www.soccerportugalnationalshop.com/Miguel-Monteiro-Portugal-Jersey/. -- Phil Hughes ended a personal losing streak that dated to last July, pitching into the seventh inning Sunday and helping the Twins top the Kansas City Royals 8-3 to avoid a three-game sweep. http://www.soccerportugalnationalshop.com/Ricardo-Quaresma-Portugal-Jersey/ . MLB executive Joe Torre ruled on Tuesday nights game at Wrigley Field that was called after 4 1-2 innings. The Cubs were declared the winners by a 2-0 score. Now, it is instead a suspended game that will resume at 4:05 p. http://www.soccerportugalnationalshop.com/Vieirinha-Portugal-Jersey/ . - A Tuesday funeral is planned in Toronto for 20-year-old Saginaw Spirit forward Terry Trafford.As most teams hit the midway mark in their season this week, TSNs Jack Armstrong offers his thoughts on some of the players who have stood out to me in the first half. Here are his mid-season NBA awards. MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrook and with the free agent departure of sharpshooter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level. Hes delivered on every level. Sure, LeBron James is the best all-around player in the game today yet hes had stretches where he seems to have it on cruise control. Durant brings it for you all the time and for that, I give it to him at the midpoint. ROOKIE: (MICHAEL CARTER WILLIAMS-Sixers) - Simply put, brilliant. His team has been abysmal without him and yet have a decent (considering theyre in tank mode) 12-18 record when he plays. This guy is a better player than he was in college at Syracuse, much like Russell Westbrook at UCLA. He impacts the game on so many fronts its ridiculous. I love watching him play and if I cant catch his game, I make sure I check the boxscores from his games to see his eye-popping stats. I shook my head when they traded Jrue Holiday to the Pelicans on draft night but now I completely understand why they did. Theyve got a major impact guy to run their team for years to come. Special talent. COACH: (JEFF HORNACEK-Suns) - Could have gone with Terry Stotts of the Trail Blazers or Frank Vogel of the Pacers here but who figured the Suns would be this good this year? No one. They were one of the teams in the discussion as being in full tank mode yet a funny thing happened on the way to the lottery. This team plays really hard. Wonderful decision to team the two point guards together (Dragic and Bledsoe). They play with energy and a purpose. Outstanding role definition and they share the ball. To me, the coaching has been a major factor bringing it all together nicely. The injury to Eric BBledsoe is a major blow and Im not sure if they can hold on to a playoff spot but at this point, youve got to give major props to Hornacek and his staff for a job well done.dddddddddddd DEFENCE: (ROY HIBBERT-Pacers) - All he does every night is block and alter shots and make you think twice and a third time about bringing your game into the lane. On top of that, he rebounds and is a physical force in the paint. The Pacers are the leagues best defensive team and a huge reason is the fact that they have outstanding rim protection and it all starts with this man. Offensively, hes become a much more polished player as well. He said his goal was to be the top defender in the league and in my book, hes it. MOST IMPROVED: (LANCE STEPHENSON-Pacers) - This second round pick has continued to get better and better. He had a lot of rough edges to his game and his personality coming out of Cincinnati but to his credit, hes slowly but surely emerged as a significant part of the attack of the leagues top team. He can score, rebound, pass and guard for you. Plays with great passion and intensity and has slowed his game down and now plays at a controlled speed with a purpose. Will get a nice raise this off-season. Well earned and well deserved. RAPTORS MVP: (KYLE LOWRY) - No doubt about this pick. Hes been a constant with his leadership, defence and clutch play. Has major league competitive spirit in his personality and zero back-down as well. Give him credit, hes in the best shape of his career (I love guys in their contract year, its amazing how it happens like this so often) and it shows in his game. His ability to get in the lane and create for teammates has grown nicely along with his consistency with the 3-point shot which makes him a greater force in the screen-and-roll game. Ultimately, you watch this team this year and his personality and will to win and pay the price has made this an enjoyable first half of the season for Raptors fans. Yes, there have been plenty of bumps in the road but when you think of Lowry, hes been a major bright spot. Good for him, hes paid the price and gives it to you consistently. China Jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: