Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Podcast: 'Steelers Hangover' returns tonight at 9:30

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met...
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhangzk

BerichtGeplaatst: 19-12-2018 02:16:16    Onderwerp: Podcast: 'Steelers Hangover' returns tonight at 9:30 Reageren met citaat

With spirits needing to be lifted Youth Customized Pittsburgh Steelers Jerseys , members of Steeler Nation felt optomistic with the Steelers returning home for their opener against a team they’ve done very well against in recent years. Now Team Turmoil is back and everybody seems completely demoralized after the defenseless contest in Week 2. SH will break down all of the highs, and lows, from the game.Check out a rundown of the show: - Reactions- Grades: Valedictorian, Honor Roll and Detention - Looking ahead- and MUCH MORE! You can listen to the show live by logging onto our BlogTalkRadio page at 9:30 p.m. ESTbut WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! What did you think about the game, the upcoming regular season or whatever you want to talk about Steelers related. Simply dial (347) 850-8581 anytime during the show to make your voice heard! ... The show is sponsored by Frank Walker Law, the top criminal defense firm to call in western Pennsylvania and West Virginia and home to one of the nation's top-100 ranked trial attorneys in Frank Walker. For his PA office, call 412-212-3878 or to reach his WV office call 304-712-2089.You should also checkout his website frankwalkerlaw.com to see how he can help you in your time of need. Frank Walker Law: Real Talk, Real Experience, Real Results.Some old-school Steelers’ Sundays will never be forgotten I mentioned in an earlier piece that, not only has the game of football changed, but our experience of viewing it has changed. As I spend this Sunday without the blessing of a Steelers game until tonight, I thought it would be a good opportunity to set that old-school experience before you. Set your way-back machine to 1974-1980. My family lived roughly three miles away from a town of 300, Stahlstown, PA, and perhaps fifty miles from the nearest TV station www.steelersfootballauthentics.com , NBC’s channel 6 in Johnstown. We also could tune in, with the help of our antenna, Channel 11 out of Pittsburgh, also NBC, and like Three Rivers Stadium, about 60 miles from our home. At that point, AFC games aired on NBC and NFC games on CBS. There was no FOX network, no ESPN, and only one game per week, Monday night on ABC, which was televised nationally. Both CBS and NBC had doubleheaders every week, with the Steelers typically playing the 1:00 p.m. game on NBC.Church was at 11:00. My expectation, as a kid, was that it would end by noon, but that was just wishful thinking.
We’d pile into the car and head home in time Pittsburgh Steelers T-Shirt , typically, to see the second half of the pre-game show, which aired from 12:30-1:00. My mother set about preparing lunch for us, typically soup and sandwiches. My father was a sucker for liverwurst sandwiches and, on rare occasions, feasted on beef-tongue sandwiches. I got bologna, which was fine by me.Here’s a shocker for the younger fans. We festooned the den with all of our Steelers gear, my toy helmet, my mittens, my pj’s, everything but our terrible towels. In those days the towels didn’t come out until playoff time. Our neighbor and friend, who would later plant a large church in Wexford that was home to several Steelers players including Gary Anderson, would arrive just in time for kickoff. The two men, my father and his friend, were much like the old coots on The Muppet Show. Their mouths poured forth a veritable tsunami of pessimism Pittsburgh Steelers Hats , each one trying to top (or bottom) the other with their prognosis that the Steelers were no good and the game, the season, was lost.I tuned them out. I had the faith of a child that my heroes would find a way to come through in the end. And in the end, they usually did. Whether it was Franco racking up big gains, Stallworth virtually creating the entire statistic of yards-after-catch, or the Steel Curtain coming down on some hapless offense, we would win.As the fourth quarter sands slipped through the hourglass, I started planning the rest of my day. One of two things typically came next. If it wasn’t too ugly outside, I’d meet my friend Randy Gooder (now a pastor in Indianapolis) to toss the football, recreating the most exciting plays we saw that day. If it was ugly outside, I’d stay in to watch the second game of the day. Most weeks, Dallas was on CBS for the late game. Oakland was often on NBC. I loved the Cowboys, though of course as a distant second to my Steelers. I hated the Raiders. But I respected both teams and studied them.When the second game ended, another game clock started in my head — counting down the hours until the next Sunday at 1:00 when it would all begin again.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vliegen met... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: