Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN
ULM DPM PPL Hoevenen EBHN

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Also See: Latest Open news Ways to Watch My Open Story

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vragen over tech-stuff
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
wangshi

BerichtGeplaatst: 23-11-2017 09:31:09    Onderwerp: Also See: Latest Open news Ways to Watch My Open Story Reageren met citaat

VANCOUVER -- The goaltender who thought he had played his last game with the Vancouver Canucks was back skating with his old teammates Friday. Custom Indiana Pacers Jerseys . Roberto Luongo, who spent all of last season expecting to be traded, admitted that it was strange to be back in Vancouver wearing a Canucks sweater again. "It was a bit odd flying in," Luongo said after training with several Canucks at the University of British Columbia. "Just when you think youve seen it all, theres always something else. I dont know what the future holds but right now Im just focused on the season." Luongo dodged the question of whether hes happy to remain a member of the Canucks. "Ive said all along I want to play," he said. "Now I have that opportunity. "I want to take advantage of that and I want to win some games. I want to go as far as we can and hopefully win the Stanley Cup. Its a big year for me. Ive been sitting on the bench for a while and I want to show everybody what I can do. We all know its an Olympic year. I just want to make the best of it." The Canucks goaltending situation has been one of Vancouvers most watched soap operas the last few seasons, with Luongo playing a starring role. The veteran said his goodbyes last spring after the Canucks were eliminated from the first round of the playoffs by the San Jose Sharks. The 34-year-old had been looking for a trade ever since Cory Schneider replaced him as Vancouvers starter. The general consensus was the Canucks would deal the three-time Vezina Trophy finalist over the summer. In a move that stunned many -- including Luongo -- the Canucks instead dealt the 27-year-old Schneider to the New Jersey Devils at Junes NHL draft for the ninth overall pick, which Vancouver used to take Bo Horvat. "It caught me by surprise," said Luongo. "It takes a while. Its a process." Vancouvers training camp officially opens Wednesday and Luongo said getting back on the ice to play hockey offers him some solace. "Thats where you are the most comfortable, when youre on the ice," he said. "Youre playing the game and youre not thinking about stuff. "Thats why Im anxious to get training camp started ... to get back to a regular routine and not worry about other stuff." Luongos contract was a stumbling block in trying to trade him. He has nine years and US$40.5 million left on a deal that counts as a US$5.3 million salary cap hit. In a market once called a "goaltender graveyard," Luongo has always been a lightening rod for criticism. He isnt even sure how local fans will react to his return. "To be honest with you I dont know how its going to work out," said Luongo, who posed for pictures with several people after the workout. "Theres always going to be people supporting and theres going to be people not so supportive. It goes along with the territory. Ive realized that over the course of the year you cant really please everybody." In his early days in Vancouver, Luongo could sometimes be cocky, even arrogant. Some days he was friendly, others aloof. He showed more maturity the last few seasons and was praised for the way he handled the situation with Schneider. The two goaltenders were supportive of each other and didnt want to be a distraction to the team. "Ive always been the same person," said Luongo. "I just think a lot of people didnt see that before. "You learn and gain experience and learn to handle certain situations, whether they are a bit more complicated or whether you are thriving. You have to handle things a certain way. Maybe I have learned that a little bit more over the last couple of years. You have to practise it." Luongo was silent in the immediate aftermath of the trade, leading to speculation he was angry. There were suggestions he might boycott the Canucks training camp. "No," he said, dismissing the notion. "Thats not my style." Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis went to Luongos home in Florida over the summer to speak with his goaltender. "We chatted," Luongo said. "There was no animosity. "I dont know if it was as rosy as he painted it but we had a couple of laughs. They were just trying to do their job (trading Schneider). I dont hold that against them." In another major move, the Canucks fired coach the easy going Alain Vigneault and replaced him with the fiery John Tortorella. "Hes going to bring a change to the dressing room," Luongo said. "Not that Alain was a bad coach but sometimes change is good. "We will see what he brings. Hopefully it will spark the boys a little bit." Last year as Schneiders backup, Luongo appeared in 20 games, including 18 starts. He had a 9-6-3 record, with two shutouts, a 2.56 goals-against average and a .907 save percentage. Luongos relationship with the Canucks may have been strained, but he sounded like a man ready to try and make things work on Friday. A strong start to the season will also help him gain a spot on the Canadian team defending its Olympic gold medal. "Ive been focused, getting ready for the last month or so," he said. "I try to eliminate every distraction, just worrying about playing the game. "At this point in time thats all I really want to be focused on ... making sure that I get back to where I was two years ago, establish myself as one of the best in the league. I dont want to squander an opportunity like that. I have a great chance to play and I want to take advantage of it." Note: The Canucks also announced Friday that Pavel Bures No. 10 will be retired at Rogers Arena prior to Vancouvers Nov. 2 game against the Toronto Maple Leafs. In 428 games with Vancouver, Bure collected 478 points, including 254 goals. He still holds the team record for most points scored by a rookie, with 34 goals and 26 appoints in 65 games. Domantas Sabonis Jersey . Unlike last year when nobody got in, there have been estimates of as many as five getting voted in this time around and as few as one, Greg Maddux. Lance Stephenson Jersey .com) - A pair of Eastern Conference rivals will meet on Saturday as D. http://www.pacersteamofficial.com/cory-joseph-pacers-jersey/ . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59.How many Englishman have won The Open, in England, since the Second World War? The answer is surprising ... one - Tony Jacklins two-shot win at Royal Lytham in 1969. Jacklin fulfulled his rich promise on the biggest stage of all in his seventh appearance in the tournament, upstaging the likes of five-time winner Peter Thomson, Jack Nicklaus and defending champion Gary Player to claim his maiden major title. Tony Jacklin salutes the crowd at Royal Lytham after securing victory on the final green in 1969 In the second part of our series, Jacklin recalls the emotion and the drama of leading The Open coming down the stretch with the weight of a nations expectations on his shoulders - there had not been an English winner of the title since Max Faulkners triumph at Royal Portrush in 1951. Armed with a two-shot lead after 54 holes, Jacklin held his nerve playing alongside 1963 winner Bob Charles in the final group and matched the New Zealanders one-over 72 in tough conditions on the final day. Darren Collison Jersey. The Open on Sky How to watch The Open live on Sky Sports It would be another 18 years before and Englishman lifted the Claret Jug when Nick Faldo triumphed at Muirfield in 1987, but Jacklin remains the only post-war victory on home soil - a record of which he is immensely proud.Watch the video above to see Tony Jacklin recalling his Open victory in 1969, and dont miss all our coverage from Royal Troon this week on Sky Sports - the proud new home of The Open. Also See: Latest Open news Ways to Watch My Open Story: Boxy Get Sky Sports Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vliegveld Hoevenen EBHN -> Vragen over tech-stuff Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: